Love it!
By rwambold on
2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
I'm a picky car guy, and I love this car. I became die-hard loyal to Subaru when I owned an Outback wagon for 4 years. I traded it in hesitantly but boy am I glad I did. The Tribeca is the perfect mean between an obnoxiously large SUV and too-small station wagon. The controls are well thought-out, the engine performs smoothly and beautifully whether you are gunning it in sport or manual mode or just cruising around town, and the interior is perfectly roomy (do bear in mind this is compared to the comparatively small Outback wagon). I read some static about the exterior design when the car first came out, but I love the styling too.
Favorite Features
Engine performs perfectly, smoothly and quietly in all kinds of driving. Handling is exceptional for a larger car, if a bit mushy at times. The car just feels well-designed at all points. The interior in particular is both attractive to the eye but also very intuitive and functional.
Suggested Improvements
Agree with other reviewers that the fuel economy could be better for its class. Also the fuel tank is too small -- I drive 60 miles round trip to work every day and I have to fill it up every 5 days. Much smaller gripes include lack of real power in the stereo and a tiny, almost unusable glovebox.