This is such a cool car~!
By D. Martin on
2008 smart fortwo passion cabrio 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)
I am a college student who wanted an inexpensive car to get to and from school. This car is so fun to drive, especially with the top rolled down. It gets many stares and many questions. I love everything about it! Obviously this car isn't for everyone. Some people need trucks for work, but for many people like me, this two-seater is perfect. It holds everything I need for my classes and squeezes into tight places when I'm on the hunt for parking. My family owns a Mini Cooper S, and although it leaves the Smart in the dust performance wise, the Smart, for me anyway, is much more entertaining to drive due to it's unique character. Don't expect to be an Indy 500 racer in this car.
Favorite Features
Nice and roomy. 40mpg city if you behave. Surprising amount of storage space. Tons of upgradable features like storage nets/boxes/cruise control. Plastic, interchangeable body panels are so cool! New colors each season? This car makes people smile; it's a very unique experience to own one in Texas!
Suggested Improvements
The car is too slow. It's so bad, it can get smoked by an Amigo. The transmission software upgrade helped with the jerkiness during shifts, but it's still noticeable. For a car this small, you'd think it would be quicker. Unfortunately the engine is underpowered. Turbo charger please! :)