At least it looks sporty...
By big Dog Davidson on
2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Ok, here goes. I've had this car for 3 years. I live in the southwest and it gets' hot. The air in this car doesn't get cold, I guess it's too much Glass to effectively cool also my sun-visor broke 3 months ago. I agree the skin is too weak to absorb any impact. You will find within weeks that the acres of smooth well fitted sheet metal are too much temptation for rude parking neighbors to resist. I have so many dents and dings I lost count, and I park far away from the doors! The engine is good for the price. But it's def not a sports car. Then handling is "so, so". Biggest complaint is Toyota's "debilitating" maintenance schedule. Unless your name is Rockefeller don't plan on keeping up.
Favorite Features
looks sporty, reliable engine (though it does tend to stutter a bit with AIR on), Ridiculous 200mph Z-rated tires are nice. Till you have to replace them. Go cheap on your next set, you won't notice a difference.
Suggested Improvements
The radio... Buy one you'll know what I'm talkin about, it needs a volume knob! You'll also notice that everytime you bring it in for an oil change you'll leave $200-400 of your pay check with them. I've been to 4 dealers and they all threaten to void your warranty if you don't get services done.