2000 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
SAAB 9-5 Aero
By vintravia on 03/16/14 17:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It's quick, gets good fuel economy and looks expensive. The mid-range acceleration of this car is amazing and there's no turbo lag. I like how the engine is 2.3 liters instead of 2.0 because it makes it so there's not as much lag and the car doesn't have to rely on the turbo as much so the power band is much more linear. If you get this car make sure you get the Aero. It's the best model. It gives you 230 HP according to Saab (But it's been said to be more like 250) and 258 lbs. ft. of torque. It feels even quicker than that though and it can really handle in the corners as well. The steering quickness and feel is excellent and it provides good road and even engine feedback!

What a Kick A** Car
By mwalker16 on 12/19/13 10:24 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

Ok so this is my first car and holy crap is it fast! My friends love it and i love having the ability to past people on the freeway easily. I can overpower cars with v8 motors and this thing is a rocket! On the bad..... It does have small issues from now and then. yes the wipers, blower motor and rear window stoped working they were all simple fixes and it was worth it to me. IF YOU WANT TO NEVER HAVE ISSUES BUT DRIVE A BORING SLOW CAR GET A TOYOTA. This car will also save ur life in a wreck it is very solid. This thing is mean and for a car with nearly 150,000 miles it feels brand new. Thank you saab for an amazing first car I will for sure own one for the rest of my life.

I love my Saab, but you must maintain
By COASUTX on 08/16/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is the 3rd Saab I have owned. Not only do I feel extremely safe in the vehicle, I also love driving it. However, if you are looking for a low maintenance vehicle, this is not a good buy for you. Saabs are great cars for people who do not mind spending a little TLC (and money) on their car. Provided you fix things when they start to break (and the car will let you know when something funny starts happening), most repairs are manageable. I love my Saab, and would recommend it for any parents who are looking to purchase it for a safe car for a more experienced driver (18+)! Love your Saab and it will love you back!

Great 8 years!
By Peter on 11/06/07 06:31 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

Our 9-5 has been a really good car. Mainly use it as a winter driver these days, but it is comfortable, quick and very fuel efficient on the highway for the performance the car delivers. On 6 separate occasions reached over 500 miles (800 kilometres) on a single tank of fuel. Parts can be expensive, but taking our car to a local ex-Saab mechanic who has his own garage, it's been wonderful. He immediately is able to diagnosis the situation and supply replacement parts at a price that a regular Saab dealer would not. Would I purchase a Saab again, absolutely but it has to have the performance, space and efficiency that the 1999-2008 95 has, which I understand is only about a year away.

Built to Last - Designed to Protect
By saabzerphun on 02/03/07 04:31 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It is my 4th Saab; I have enjoyed it the most. Accelerating is a lot of fun; the manual tranny is my favorite part. Inside, the seats are perfect for long trips. Both front and back are heated. In the snow, you are the big dog on the road with a set of Gislaved Nord Frost 3 winter tires. I have had no reliability issues in almost 39,000 miles. At around 60,000 miles I fell asleep and left the road at 60 mph; flew about 35' and came to rest in the ditch. I needed a tow out of the ditch but drove it home and the small dealer I bought it from fixed it up fine. I'm still driving it and, except for the driver's side front floor mat, the car looks and drives as new. Great car.

Great Car-But has problems.
By danesh on 11/24/05 10:33 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

I have always been drawn to the unique style of Saab cars, so when the lease on my 9-5 2.3t ran out I fell in love with the aero after just one test drive. The car is zippy, handles very well, and has all the creature comforts anybody would need. Unfortunately I have had to spend a lot of money on this car despite that fact that it is still under warranty. For starters the 3 spoke wheels get bent very easily causing the car to wobble at speeds of over 70mph, the light bulbs need constant replacement, and the battery is very unreliable. If you buy this car make sure you have the warranty otherwise it is going to cost you a lot to keep around. A nice alternative to your run of the mill car.

FUN FUN FUN
By hotrodMN on 08/25/05 14:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

I am a proud owner of a 2000 9-5 Aero sedan. I was looking for something fun to drive, had great curb appeal, seats 5 and wasn't what everyone else drove. I found my car online from a private party 900 miles from MN. This car averaged 29mpg from VA to MN. Lots of low and nid range torque. 60-80mph is a blink of an eye. This car is the best performance for the money. All I can say is that it puts a smile on my face every morning! FUN FUN FUN!!!

Aero is the best
By NCAlan on 06/02/05 04:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

Got my Aero used from the official dealership here in Canada and so far quite satisfied. Had some initial electric problems like broken CDchanger but it's being fixed by the dealership. Otherwise this is the best car I ever owned. Drove it already for around 8,000km during last 2 months, mostly highway driving, and Aero performs extremely well on the high- speed. Overtaking is a blast, and acceleration, even with the automatic transmission, puts that nice smile on your face. Sport mode is must on the freeway. Aero drives and handles like a small sports car providing comfort of the luxury sedan. In my opinion exterior styling of the Aero model is a work of art that stands out of the crowd.

Lots of FUN
By oxie1 on 04/19/05 09:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

I owned the car for 6 months and had to put about $500 a month in it, but no major problems just maintenance. I would recommend. Drove from ATL to Taladega @ an average of 130MPH and was just as smooth.

50,000 miles per year
By Herb Hirsch on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

This car has demonstrated outstanding reliability under very high usage averaging 50,000 miles per year. Saab's recommended maintenance has been followed consistently, and only Saab parts have been used. Now at 225,000 miles everything works flawlessly. I expect to put between 300,000 and 400,000 miles on the car before replacing it with another new Saab Aero. Today, the car still gets 27-30 mpg on the open road at cruising speeds of 70- 75 mph; weather is the major cause of variation in mpg when speed is in this range. I added XM radio and a Nokia hands-free cell phone to the car.