Used 2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2500 model:

Worst Decision I've Ever Made.
By rlemmens

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie Longhorn Limited Edition 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First of all, when I bought this truck brand new in 2012, I loved it. For 93,000 I drove it around and honestly didn't think there was a better truck on the road. I bought the top of the line Laramie Longhorn Megacab 4x4 with the diesel. The engine worked great, and pulled anything. There was an issue here and there, but when you put so many luxury features in a truck, little things are going to break. However, when my drivetrain broke, Chrysler refused to cover it under the warranty, even with the service records. The damage caused was so severe (more than $30k) that my insurance had to total the vehicle. Dealing with the warranty claims department took months, and they were useless.

Cummins engine, 4x4 and the most interior room in any truck.

If Chrysler honored their warranty it would be great. Luckily my insurance stepped in and is going to sue Chrysler. But the company is garbage and all their vehicles are worthless since they don't honor warranty. 4/6 of the last vehicles I've purchased have been new chrysler. I'll never buy one again and I will tell my story to everyone I know in the hope they won't be taken advantage of by Chrysler. What a waste of $65k.

• Sedan