2008 Porsche 911 Consumer Review: It is a perfect 9.9

2008 Porsche 911 - Consumer Review

It is a perfect 9.9
By GF on

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Yes my dear wife is the only perfect 10. The is the most seamless driving experience I have ever had. Like many others, I have had many exotic cars including previous Porsches. I have/had many Porsche turbos, but this non turbo car delivers the performance without the turbo kick in the rear. You just look down and see three figures on the "clock" pretty quick. Previously, I felt that Porsche suspension, brake, steering and transmission engineers did talk to each other. Now I think they have one guy and he is tops.

It is hard to say a particular favorite feature. But if I had to pick one it is the glorious engine. I am an engineer by education so many be it is the engineering that went into it. But the way it sounds and that wonderful "pull" is out of this world.

Yes the people at Porsche sometimes do not understand the US buyer. My issue Navigition system!! Porsche, do me a favor so next time I buy it with the car, look at the new offerings from Lexus and Honda. If you can build a 200 mph car why can't you build a user friendly system.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review