Used 2003 Pontiac Vibe Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

2003 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

fun and economical
By cindy

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Vibe used with 28,000 miles on it. I've had it for 4 years and have not had any service issues. Did have the window bolts replaced for the recall (and my windows had started making a terrible noise). This vehicle has carried lots of cargo from roofing shingles to 10' trees. I also have hauled lots of kids in the back seat with no complaints. The car cleans up well and still looks good. I will most likely consider another one when the time comes to replace it. I drive about 80 miles a day so the 30 mpg is important to me. Its also pretty fun to drive, more fun than my Camry or Explorer

Favorite Features

30 mpg, easy clean cargo area, large cargo room and very dependable

Suggested Improvements

Move the headlight sensor to the middle of the dash. My headlight are on a lot due to shading by inspection sticker. Inside metallic trim rattles sometimes especially in cold weather.

Pontiac Vibe w/ 148,000 miles
By David Crump

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car has worked great for 148,000 miles. I totaled it out 2 weeks ago. I wanted the car to go 250,000 miles. I have had no MAJOR issues with the car. Normally I would see a clutch around 100,000 and new CVC joints around then from other cars I have owned. But no issues with the Vibe. Great Gas mileage, for the price and the cost it is better than the VW jetta TDI. I have had 3 problems with the car: 1. Three of the four door handles broke around 110,000 miles. 2. The transmission bearings went out at 38,000 miles. It would have been covered under there new 100,000 protection plan. 3. The back seat cup holders broke around 50,000 they are just made from cheap plastic.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders and door handles.

Five years and going strong
By L Rabbett

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in Dec, 2002, I have had vehicle for over five years. Decided to look at new vehicles to trade in. ended up looking at the new Vibe along with many others brands. Really like the new Vibe, but decided to keep what I have even though the new vibe has a more powerful engine.

Favorite Features

fold down seats, moon roof, 6cd changer, fuel economy, very low maintenance(less than a $1,000.00 over 5 plus years)

Suggested Improvements

new Vibes have easier gauges to see and more powerful engines.

Won over
By G Mundy

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This Was the first American car i have purchased in 15 years. After owning this car for several years I am happy to see that American manufacturers are getting it right again. The Vibe has been trouble free and a joy to drive. I am ready to trade this one in for a newer model and will be getting another Vibe here shortly.

Favorite Features

Fold down seats, sunroof and all the storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

A little less cabin Noise.

Vibe Lover
By Martin

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when I lived in Texas and was attending college in Pennsylvania. I went from a Corolla (which I loved) and wanted something with much more people and cargo space without compromising fuel efficiency. With this car being built by Toyota, it finished my decision. We have had no problems with it whatsoever and it now has 96,000 miles on it!!!

Favorite Features

6 disc cd changer, AWESOME gas mileage, and most of all, built by Toyota (I'm a Toyota fan, all the way)

Suggested Improvements

none