2003 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
One Great Vehicle
By Burton Dietz on 05/30/06 08:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just about as perfect at it gets. Great gas mileage, comfort and style and it will literally carry things that much bigger vehicles can't because the front passenger seat will fold flat. When this one wears out, I will definitely be buying another.

Excellent car.
By Mike on 04/30/06 20:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a reliable car with good gas mileage, but I am 60 years old with bad knees, so I needed a car tall enough to let me easily get in and out. I know this car was designed for young people, but it meets my needs just fine. I plan to keep it for a long time.

I am happy with my Vibe!
By Crisco on 04/27/06 23:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really am enjoying my vibe. Even though I just got it,I love it already. I like its style and the quality of a Pontiac. Thanks for making such a great automobile. Thanks, Wendy Thompson

Buy One!
By Don Wells on 04/22/06 07:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I now have over 72,000 miles on my Vibe. I bought it used with 40k so I have no idea whether there were any initial problems, but I have had to fix NOTHING, and everything works fine. The Moon and Tunes package is great- the sound is surprisingly good w/ rds display. The car is just easy to drive. Easy to park, easy to enter and exit, comfortable seats (which still show no wear). I average 30 mpg driving very aggressively. It handles well and holds an amazing amount of stuff (considering it's shorter than a Civic, its astounding) as well as hauling hundreds of pounds in the back without hurting handling. The engine is fairly refined although a little buzzy at high RPM, Acceleration is go

Still love it after 3 years
By Terry D on 04/21/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's a great car and fun to drive. Although most reviews have an issue on the car's power, I find it can to be enough to get on the highway or merge into traffic. I took a long trip last year with the family and it was comfortable and held a lot of luggage, a cooler and two big kids in the back. I had no problem going 80 - 85 mph and keeping up with the flow of traffic. I have only had a problem with a screw coming loose in the moonroof and it wouldn't close properly but it was fixed under warranty. The Vibe wasn't my first choice but I an sure glad I have mine. Its a pleasure to drive!!!!

My Vibe Experience
By John G. on 03/11/06 12:24 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a real fan of this car after 3 years of driving. I have always traded my new cars after 3 years, but I'll probably hang on to this one! I'm 6'4" and I'm more comfortable in my Vibe than in most cars that retail for twice as much. The only disappointment was the original equipment TIRES were JUNK. (But most car makers mistakenly try to save on tires on their lower priced vehicles). Vibe is a winner!

My Review...
By vibegirl on 02/09/06 18:40 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car since Valentine's Day 2003. Great little car and great gas mileage. Only things I've had issues with so far, part of my luggage rack fell off and left side of my stereo is dim and GMAC wants $230 to fix a light! CRAZY PEOPLE!!! Oh, and the windows that are very noisy when winding them up, one came off track, dealer wanted $165 to fix it, cost me nothing and had a friend do it just to tighten a loose bolt!!!

bvibe
By bill on 02/08/06 17:10 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Fun,sporty,and versatile. Exterior is O.K., but the interior is great. Lots of neat features, but not cluttered. This car is so much fun to drive. I'm sure with the current drive train, I will be having fun with car for years to come. I wish the base model had a few more pony's under the hood, but if you don't mind hanging around 4,500 rpm it will do.

35 months of observation
By Vibe on 01/30/06 21:21 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable. Good gas mileage. Lots of interior room for luggage and cargo with rear seat backs in down mode. Never returned to dealer for warranty work.

my vibe
By doublell1 on 01/01/06 12:26 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The vibe is a good car for intercity driving. I like how small it is and how easy it is too use, the gas mileage is not the best but the joy of diving and versatility that the car provides overshadows its downfalls.