1992 Pontiac Sunbird Consumer Review: For the most part, very good!

1992 Pontiac Sunbird - Consumer Review

For the most part, very good!
By Pieter on

1992 Pontiac Sunbird SE 2dr Coupe

Bought it with 16K mi in near perfect condition. Sideswiped in an accident, and it was never the same again. After a series of inept body and engine mechanics, 60K miles, and the accident, it's so-so. Body is still fine. Engine, with the proper plugs, is pretty good. Before the accident, I LOVED it!!! Except for the seats. Not too comfortable for long drives. Okay for highway driving, otherwise mileage isn't great, but it's pretty heavy. OTOH, if it weren't heavy, I'd probably be dead. My big lesson - find a GOOD mechanic. One that doesn't know what he's doing will ruin your engine.

When the engine's properly tuned, and with the right plugs, THE PICKUP!!! Sound system wasn't bad until recently (11 years later).

less cheap plastic trim, a quieter muffler. (Hearing that thing tear apart inside was something I'll never forget!) One thing I really wish it had were more comfortable seats! Long trips (longer than 300 mi) would KILL my back.