Used 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Sheer Luck
By AaSt

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I had purchased my Pontiac Grand Prix in March of 2015 and intial I was impressed by the looks. I got the car with only 85,000 miles and I was so scared because the car was so quiet . I only have changed the alternator and brakes. Thus far knock on wood. I have gotten a good car. Got Lucky . now January 97,000. I love Pontiacs .

First Car
By Me

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for my first car and found this one. Great price for a first car. I went through big snow drifts with it too. Just front wheel drive.

It's quick for a 1995 grand prix. Also theres a lot of room in it. Soft seats in the back and front. Good handling. Great first car.

More cup holders, handles stink. Engine is to tight toghter, hard to work on it.

Pretty decent car
By TOM

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned several B.O.P (Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac) cars in my life and this is a good one. I like the handling and performance. Durability for the car its self is ok, mine has 287,652 miles on it. I got it 2 years ago from a close friend who has had it since nearly new. The 3.1 L is sporty and fun but the transmission is a joke, they only last about 100,000 miles or less. My car has had the engine and transmission replaced and runs fine. ( tranny no longer has overdrive) you can trust me, with this many miles on it, I've found the bugs

engine is great and durable though 3.1 L engines are known for intake leaks.

Door handles are poorly built and the car lacks cup holders. exterior styling on 4 door cars isn't as nice as 2 door cars

Occasional Transmission Problems
By Roborob

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This was a great program car driven previously by Pontiac executives. It had 24,000 miles on it when we got it. It lasted through two new babies and numerous long road trips. Lots of safety features are built into the operator controls and interior features. It was a good car, but not 100% reliable like many of the imports.

Large comfortable seats and good insulation make driving this car a pleasant experience. The all-electric control panel has lockouts for children's windows and doors. Gas mileage of the durable 3.1 V6 was an incredible 28 mpg! 4-wheel disc brakes stop on a dime.

Weak transmission needs torque converter every 90,000 miles. No hazard flashers. Replaced two $200 alternators due to the huge drain of the all-electric controls and daytime running lights. Interior control knobs broke off with sunlight deterioration and were VERY costly.

No cup holders!
By TrutschEL

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Of all the things to leave out of a car, why the cup holders? I hope that engineer was fired. There are 2 in the whole car, in the doors and nothing fits in them. Otherwise, ran fine. It's a no-frills -car-.

Engine was easy to work on. Decent on gas. Good sound system. Comfy.

CUP HOLDERS!!