1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
First Car
By Me on 05/21/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for my first car and found this one. Great price for a first car. I went through big snow drifts with it too. Just front wheel drive.

Pretty decent car
By TOM on 05/20/08 17:51 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned several B.O.P (Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac) cars in my life and this is a good one. I like the handling and performance. Durability for the car its self is ok, mine has 287,652 miles on it. I got it 2 years ago from a close friend who has had it since nearly new. The 3.1 L is sporty and fun but the transmission is a joke, they only last about 100,000 miles or less. My car has had the engine and transmission replaced and runs fine. ( tranny no longer has overdrive) you can trust me, with this many miles on it, I've found the bugs

Occasional Transmission Problems
By Roborob on 03/02/07 18:13 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This was a great program car driven previously by Pontiac executives. It had 24,000 miles on it when we got it. It lasted through two new babies and numerous long road trips. Lots of safety features are built into the operator controls and interior features. It was a good car, but not 100% reliable like many of the imports.

No cup holders!
By TrutschEL on 07/05/06 20:03 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Of all the things to leave out of a car, why the cup holders? I hope that engineer was fired. There are 2 in the whole car, in the doors and nothing fits in them. Otherwise, ran fine. It's a no-frills -car-.

doc likes pontiac excitement
By drvroomvroom on 05/03/05 00:27 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my moms freind. This was a good thing, because it had been garaged and well taken care of. I'm very happy with the reliability so far..although I did encounter my first problem..power steering pump leak.. I have put some hard miles on the last few months..so far so good.

april 20, 2005
By Dane on 04/20/05 01:55 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I obtained this vehicle in 2000, with aproximatley 154000km on it. It was doing good until about 20 000 km afterwards, the tranny blew, water pump died, thermostat died, hood flew off the vehicle *im prolly the only one thats happened to so dont worry about that*, the ignition switch died so the key wouldn't turn, both tie rods snapped and I can't remember but other things have happened with this vehicle. The one strong thing about it is the Engine, 3.1L 6 Cylinders lasted a while without a single repair. If you are going to purchase one id reccomend buying one with under 10000 miles or you are in for a spending spree.

eh...
By Andrew on 03/10/05 18:25 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

If i hated this car any more it would be amazing. The performance on this thing is ridiculously horrible, and other than me being happy that it turns on, I hate it. It idles too low, its not fast, the only nice thing about it is the spacious interior!

I do a lot of driving
By drvroom on 03/10/05 01:33 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from somebody I knew. There was a little over a hundred thousand miles, but this car looked brand new inside and out.. Very fun to drive.. I have put about twelve thousand miles on in four months.. no problems so far..

really like this car
By dangokd on 01/12/05 02:09 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

bought this car with 103,000 miles from somebody i know..very good looking car.. i drive alot of miles(hard miles)each day, and so far so good..a/c works great..power is good..

this great pontiac grand prix SE
By germain on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

there are, after 9 years, very few minor mechanical problems. but there are some annoying design flaws (like windows don't open with key out). had i had the money, i would definitely buy a new, 2005, model.