Used 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

First Car
By Me

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for my first car and found this one. Great price for a first car. I went through big snow drifts with it too. Just front wheel drive.

Favorite Features

It's quick for a 1995 grand prix. Also theres a lot of room in it. Soft seats in the back and front. Good handling. Great first car.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders, handles stink. Engine is to tight toghter, hard to work on it.

Pretty decent car
By TOM

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned several B.O.P (Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac) cars in my life and this is a good one. I like the handling and performance. Durability for the car its self is ok, mine has 287,652 miles on it. I got it 2 years ago from a close friend who has had it since nearly new. The 3.1 L is sporty and fun but the transmission is a joke, they only last about 100,000 miles or less. My car has had the engine and transmission replaced and runs fine. ( tranny no longer has overdrive) you can trust me, with this many miles on it, I've found the bugs

Favorite Features

engine is great and durable though 3.1 L engines are known for intake leaks.

Suggested Improvements

Door handles are poorly built and the car lacks cup holders. exterior styling on 4 door cars isn't as nice as 2 door cars

Occasional Transmission Problems
By Roborob

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This was a great program car driven previously by Pontiac executives. It had 24,000 miles on it when we got it. It lasted through two new babies and numerous long road trips. Lots of safety features are built into the operator controls and interior features. It was a good car, but not 100% reliable like many of the imports.

Favorite Features

Large comfortable seats and good insulation make driving this car a pleasant experience. The all-electric control panel has lockouts for children's windows and doors. Gas mileage of the durable 3.1 V6 was an incredible 28 mpg! 4-wheel disc brakes stop on a dime.

Suggested Improvements

Weak transmission needs torque converter every 90,000 miles. No hazard flashers. Replaced two $200 alternators due to the huge drain of the all-electric controls and daytime running lights. Interior control knobs broke off with sunlight deterioration and were VERY costly.

No cup holders!
By TrutschEL

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Of all the things to leave out of a car, why the cup holders? I hope that engineer was fired. There are 2 in the whole car, in the doors and nothing fits in them. Otherwise, ran fine. It's a no-frills -car-.

Favorite Features

Engine was easy to work on. Decent on gas. Good sound system. Comfy.

Suggested Improvements

CUP HOLDERS!!

doc likes pontiac excitement
By drvroomvroom

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my moms freind. This was a good thing, because it had been garaged and well taken care of. I'm very happy with the reliability so far..although I did encounter my first problem..power steering pump leak.. I have put some hard miles on the last few months..so far so good.

Favorite Features

good power..

Suggested Improvements

seats need to be stiffer..paint chips easy..