Used 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Wish I never sold it!
By Andrew Riley

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

My mother had bought our 1993 grand prix in 1995 and had then given it to me in 2003 when i graduated high school. It had 130,000 miles on it then and when we got rid of the car it was 197,000 and still going strong! This was such a great car, everything about it...built solid, great style inside and out, great winter car, paint and body held up well! After 17 years of harsh winters in pa the car still shined like new after a good wash. It's not a race but had no trouble reaching speeds of 100mph and still ran solid and smooth at these speeds, even at 16 years of age! Really a great and truly fun car that would last a long long time if taken care of. I only sold mine b/c i was forced too!!

Favorite Features

Body, sunroof, radio controls on the steering wheel, power everything, heavy solid car, great in the snow, great car to cruise in!

Suggested Improvements

exhaust, ran great but always needed a minute or two to warm up

Great car, inside an out.
By Dylan1980

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

My mom purchased this car when I was little, and I always liked riding in it. Well she gave it to me, when I started high school, and I fixed it up. It is fun to drive, and it's so comfortable. It has good power too. I like how the speakers surround you, I did get a new radio though, I wanted cd player and aux plug. But I got new wheels, because I got tired of the gold color. My grand prix is green, 2 door, and beige interior. Beautiful interior design I might add. The only problem was that the air quit working in the early 20,000's when my mom drove it. We replaced it though it works great now. I had to get a new engine after 146,000 miles. No big deal. I love this car, I'll never give it up.

Favorite Features

Speakers surround you, Such comfortable seats, hot body style, nice interior. And it is very fun to drive. :) I also like how there is a place for sunglasses on the ceiling of the car. it was an extra feature. its a great car, in fact my mom bought a 2004 after this one's engine blew up.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really, just normal stuff that happened after you have a car for so long. Its a great car :)

Love this car
By DENYCE

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This car is so comfortable to both drive and ride in. We feel safe as it is a heavy car so I feel that if we were to get in an accident we would be safer than in a smaller car. We get about 28 mpg and fell that is good for a heavy sedan. We have never had any problems with this car, it has always been a very dependable car. I'm getting ready to buy a newer car in the next year or so and I would like to have another grand prix. The only reason I'm getting a newer car is because I need airbags as I've been in 10 car wrecks (not one in this car, and always the passenger) so I need the extra safety feature. I recommend the grand prix to everyone that wants a great car.

Favorite Features

Comfort, safety and love the look of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Really can't think of any..

Nice Ride
By soccerd1090

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I am a high school student and needed a good reliable car to get me around. I was pleasantly surprised when I could get a reliable car that looks good. So far nothing but good for me and I've owned it about 7 months. The power and handling are better than expected. My transmission is starting to have a problem, but for 155,000 miles stuff like that can be expected. I did just have to have the bearings replace and new rear struts, also my air conditioner has been out. Other than that great buy.

Favorite Features

Looks, power, performance, gas mileage, power locks and windows, fast

Suggested Improvements

Stock radio(had to buy new deck, air conditioner went out, no trunk release, trunk leaks

Excellent car!!!!!
By Jax23

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This car was actually noted as a "flood damaged" vehicle and I bought it from a private owner. Excellent and reliable car. Had its few minor problems. The 3.1 V6 is an excellent engine. I've put about 16,000 miles on it so far and it's still going! I recommend it to anyone who wants to buy one with the 3.1 engine!

Favorite Features

Exterior design, quiet, and power!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe making the battery more easy to put in.