Used 1992 Pontiac Grand Am Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Pontiac Grand-am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:

Most Helpful|
Only Car I will ever drive!
By Flyest

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

The Pontiac Grand Am will be the only car I will ever own. This car is very dependable, very sporty, has a great interior design...its just a great car! I brought it used with 99,000 miles on it and it is worth every penny. I would recommend a Grand Am to anyone.

Favorite Features

Everything: 16" Alloys, Comfortable Seats, Cup holders, Standard Anti-lock brakes, need I say more :)

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the Quad 4 engine!

Cheap buy.
By grandamboi

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I bought the car for $650.00. The people I bought it from lied about a lot of "work" they had done to the car. Brakes, and the cooling system. The brakes went a year after I got it and the radiator and water pump went about two weeks after I got it. Other than that Its been a great car. Always been a Pontiac Kid and will stay a Pontiac Kid. It has 173000 and still going strong!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Window Regulators are way too weak.

good car
By james

1992 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about 4 years ago and have had only minor trouble with it brakes, tires, etc. at 140,000 miles car is still in good condition. I have no regrets about purchasing this car

Favorite Features

V6 engine, comfort

Suggested Improvements

the automatic locking system on the doors

3300 engine. Great Experience, first car
By afrodave

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I was given this car for my 16th birthday in the early 2000s. when I got it it had around 75,000 miles on it and I drove it up to 130,000. Car has been a great car, no major repairs needed. I have been in 3 or more low speed accidents with it and it has kept me safe and keeps on rolling. Gas mileage was around 26mpg averaging highway and city together. I kept up on maintenance and oil changes and the car have been great!

Favorite Features

I like that the engine is fairly easy to work on yourself for those DIYs. The car is inexpensive to fix. The 3300 engine I'm told is a pretty solid GM engine and that holds true to my experience.

Suggested Improvements

The things I don't like, the doors are really heavy so beware if you open one and it comes slamming back into you.

92 Pont Grand Am - excellent 2nd car.
By Robert Scherrer

1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

I have owened this car for over 8 years, purchased used in excellent condition. The car now has 100,400 miles on it, mostly local, stop & go driving. It is highly reliable. My most expensive repair was under $300 and very, very few repairs were ever required. The car still looks and performs like new. Absolutely no rust and the finish shines.

Favorite Features

Fold-down rear seat, power windows, sound system, headlight/ running light system, appearance and body integrity.