1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
my review
By Cindy on 12/11/09 19:26 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love this car so much. I got it from my Dad and in 2003 and it had 107K miles. I have had no problems with it and it always starts right up. all I do is get the oil changed regularly. I don't drive that much, it currently has 137K (in 2009).

What a nice surprise!
By Sheryl on 04/29/09 22:52 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Was given this car after my trusty Toyota died at 230K. Hated it at first: V6, clunky looking, not much style. But it has performed well past my expectations. Like others, I replaced an alternator, starter and fuel pump. (And tires!) But that's been all, and now it's just regular oil changes. Gas mileage not great, about 20 mpg but better on straight highway. I will miss this car when it's gone, and I won't be able to get another one now that Pontiac will be phased out.

Bonnevilles for life
By pontiackid9403 on 11/05/08 21:39 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have own three Bonneville's and I'm only 22. Two 94 SE's and one 2003 SLE 94's have 182000 and 149000 on them and still running strong. 2003 has 124000 and is running flawlessly! Never anything but regular maintenance done to any of them owned the 94's for 4 and 2 years and the 03 for 2. If you change oil they'll last forever. People complain about their cars not being very good, it all depends on the previous owners and how they took care of them and drove them. If they drove the hell out of them then they wont be as reliable as cars that were taken care of. I'd never own anything but a Bonneville.

Great car
By Dianne on 07/22/08 18:17 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car about 5 years ago with 60,000 miles on it. A little old lady drove it before me. I don't know how many miles are on it as is has stopped at 108,000 and has been stopped for awhile. I have replaced the master cylinder and fuel pump. Currently the starter is going out but haven't replaced it cause it hasn't completely quit yet. I love this car. It is a family car and yet sporty. I look at all the other cars on the road and they all just blend in together. I know this car will last a long time but i wish forever.

Big car and blind spots
By Noah on 03/15/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

It is a very big/ safe feeling in the car. but i swear a full tank of gas would go in like half a day. it eats it up, The blind spots are annoying. But pretty comfortable, i've fallen asleep in it. but overall i'm not sure if id suggest it unless you are planning to take residence in it

lemon
By joann on 03/22/06 06:12 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

bought my bonnyville from a private owner with only 40,000 miles. the interior & exterior are still beautiful but since my purchase I have replaced virtually EVERY part on the car. It is a true lemon. It now has 94,000 miles and just when I thought there was nothing left to replace, there is a crunching sound in the front end whenever I make a turn. NOW WHAT? I would sell it but they don't have much value anymore.

Bonnie
By LT on 01/17/06 02:24 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Factory-installed alternator burned out, replacement did too; only when I upgraded to heavy-duty alternator did probs go away. No other engine probs with this Bonnie. The driver's side outside panel was loose when I purchased car and was ripped off by water on the first wash job--dealer replaced at no cost. Feel this is a solid car; even with bumps and scratches, it runs and runs. "Mom's Bomb" will not quit!

What an incredible car!!!
By cholschlag on 10/19/05 23:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My wife and I bought this car with 35,000 miles on it. It was our first "newer" car. My wife drove 90 miles a day round trip to work. 7 years later, it has 210,000 miles on and still runs incredibly well. The only thing we have replaced on the car is the alternator, that's it. Other than oil changes every 3,000 miles, we have really done nothing else. This car has taken us through the colorado mountains packed full and has survived the midwest winters in Iowa and Minnesota. My wife is going to finish school in 5 months and we are thinking about getting her a newer vehicle, but we have talked about driving this until it finally dies, problem is, I dont know when that will be, 300,000???

Like GM
By RCCOMBER on 02/13/05 11:54 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Wife bought it used with 70K miles. Reliable car. Replaced master brake cylinder & fuel pump. Both seem to be a GM issue. Doesn't like to run smooth with less than 1/8 tank of gas. Great reminder to put gas in. Other than that - very low maintenance. Now 114,000 miles & still reliable - keep loaning it to family while their cars are being fixed. Body has no rust. Wife thinks it is really comfortable.

father & son
By sr & jr on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

bought 4 years old with 62k and probably pd a little much (dealer for $8600. drove to work daily 100 miles round trip; very reliable ( of course replaced alternator, buy the lifetime warranty 1st time, not 2nd like me! 2 1/2 yrs. sold to my 16 yr old boy (yes, he got a deal!) has been very safe, reliable starter car. traction control and abs will always be a neccessity for him in ohio snow. cd/stereo replacement almost immediately blew speakers, drivers inside door panel failing, pass window cicking, cup holders broke, console door latch broke (used velcro; better than new!)......boys have bee rough on it. has been a good car