Used 2003 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

Stop critizing this great car!
By siucgirl

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this great SUV just this month, but I am sure I will be in love with it for awhile. I love the design, although many critics are out there, even my fiance. He kept going on and on about how ugly it was, but when he got in for the test drive he totally changed his tune. Now we both love driving it and it is more like a fight to see who gets to drive. It's roomy, comfy, and the ride is very smooth, something you won't find in other SUV since they are built on truck frames, and the Aztek is built on a mini-van frame.

Very neat console cooler, lots of cargo room, and I have always enjoyed Pontiac's bright red displays.

I think the rear of the car is very cute, but that bar across the back can be a big distracting at times.

On the Road with Aztec
By Coach L

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Last month, I drove the Aztec from New Orleans to St. Louis with no long stops, and I got out of the vehicle without any stiffness. No comfort concerns. At 24-28 mpg on the highway, no problems there either. Performance? Responsive and smooth, but I wish it sat just a little higher for speed bumps and uneven driveways. Climate control and stereo sound are excellent, and it's fun to see people staring at the vehicle at stop lights. The unusual styling is an attention-getter, and my high school students love it. My only complaint about the interior is that for some reason, some of the seating areas seem to be wearing rather quickly.

Interior and exterior styling, extreme comfort on long trips, vast space in rear of vehicle, a/c and stereo performance.

improved ground clearance, increased seat durability

I LOVE MY TEK
By daluna71

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was planning on purchasing a Honda CRV my mom has one and she really likes it but then on a lark while shopping multiple dealers I happened upon the aztek.Call me crazy but I actually like the way mine looks so do most people that see it.I get asked all the time if it's that new mitsubishi that's out.I hated the way they looked when it came out but making the black trim body color and giving it nicer rims makes a huge huge difference.The aztek rides much much quieter and softer down the road I could not believe the difference it also corners better and feels more stable on the highway.The tek also has features on it the crv can only dream of.

everything

power is adequate but more is always appreciated

buy this vehichle
By ijkarwoski

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Anyone who thinks this car is ugly is right,but dont knock it until you try it. I was not sold on one until I drove it. IT drives like a sports car.It is soooo smooth! There is room for bunches O' stuff!! There is tons of head room for big persons. The possibilites of destinations are endless! It looks and feels like somesort of a futuristic speceship. People do not like it because they cant catoegorize it. Phooey on them!!!!!

headroom,buttroom,room,room,rooom,very responsive to the lead foot. i love the style!

larger rear veiw mirror. although the very large side-view mirrors make up the difference. Make the cooler standard again! MAke the tent standard!

Zero Buyers Remorse on This One!
By RandyG

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I struggled for a long time trying to decide which SUV to buy. The test drive set the Aztek above all. I hear complaints about the looks, I think it's very good looking. So it's not conventional. Not everyone wants to be plain and conventional. It's edgy, and its for people who don't care to necessarily and boringly blend in. Inside, that's what sold me. The test drive. The handling is superb, the comfort is unmatched in its class and the ride was smoother than I expected. I wanted to run my old car over a cliff after I drove the Aztek. For the first time ever, I have no buyer's remorse. The Aztek rocks hard. It's the unsung hero of automobiles.

The ride, the red interior lighting (SO COOL!!!), the thoughtful power locks, the radio (AMAZING) and did I mention the ride? If you are at all considering this, DRIVE IT. It sells itself.

I keep mistaking the trunk release for what should be the brake release. My only complaint is the brake release is unintuitive.