Wish they still made 'em.
By spidey637 on
1994 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency 4dr Sedan
Paid $900 for it from a dealer with 213,000 on the clock. I was happy to find one in perfect shape from Texas with "low" miles, relatively speaking. It's been in Minnesota for the past 10 years, according to CarFax. The car is a tank. I own a '94 Olds Ciera, and the quality is worlds apart. This was there best car for this year.
Favorite Features
AC works great because the auto climate always keeps the compressor running--unless you turn it off. The seats are divine! I have a '97 Olds Delta 88 with leather, and they do not compare at all to the Regency. The engine, although only Series I, is very torquey, and will pull you across the road effortlessly. The transmission still shifts like butter, and is not slow to kick down. The heat is like a furnace, and the dual-zone auto climate is great! The ride is as smooth as I've ever felt, but the handling is not bad at all. I have a 2004 Buick Lesabre, and that car is not as smooth, and the handling is far worse. This car floats, but you can still feel the road through the wheel!
Suggested Improvements
With its age, the auto climate doesn't always want to blow hot on the passenger's side. And the blower motor doesn't always kick on. The weather strips wore out so there is wind noise. But this is expected for a car this age. I plan on going past 400,000 with this. I got 336,000 on my '93 Ciera, which had the excellent 3.3 V6, a modified version of the Series I 3.8! They should have kept the 3.3 over the 3.1, which felt much slower, and had all kinds of cooling system issues. Anyway, the Regency is a car for royalty. If you can find a good one, get it!