2001 Nissan Xterra 3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I'll give it a 9.9

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

I'll give it a 9.9
By TDrochak on

2001 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The XTerra handles both onroad and offroad well. Its plenty roomy, provided that you are not over like 6'2". VERY RELIABLE! I've had it a little over 1 year and the only problem I've had is I got a traffic ticket (which I beat in court) in Cle Elum, Washington for having too much mud on it. Now the important stuff. I can throw the kayak on the roof rack, throw a couple mountain bikes, fishing poles, cooler and camping gear in the cab and head out for a week at a time out to the beach, into the mountains, or whatever. This thing handles absolutely AWESOME in the snow up in the mountains. Handles well on rainy roads also.

Favorite Features

The CD player rules. All sorts of pouches and handles inside. The first aid kit comes in handy if you do alot of camping and stuff like I do. 4WD is great offroad--I've never gotten stuck once even though I've been in deep sand and in mud/water up to my windows!

Suggested Improvements

Offer fuel-cell powered motor or at least a gas/electric hybrid. The sunroof should be redesigned--what were they thinking! The stereo should jam a little louder with a tad more bass.