Used 1995 Nissan Truck Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Most Helpful|
best truck ever
By traveling nurseaid

1995 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have driven this truck in lots of terrain, highway and city and just love it. I don't have a heavy foot, except on a very straight empty stretch of highway and I average 28 MPG on highway. Not bad for a truck. Have 160000 miles on it and only exchanged the drive belts and battery and the tires, and of course the oil. I am looking at buying a newer car, but when I hear that 32 mpg in a sedan is considered great gas mileage I step back. I can almost get this in my PU truck. Been in several accidents, three times rear ended, once a seven car pile up on the freeway, with my kids in the extended cab. We were the only ones driving away. I feel very safe in it. Handles great, has small turn radius.

Favorite Features

MPG, heavy duty construction, reliability, low cost of ownership, smooth shifting. Everything is mechanical, not electric.

Suggested Improvements

CD player, fold down seats in back rattle too much, cup holder.

Busted frame
By Larry

1995 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Do not buy! The truck frame is rusted through - cracked from the front wheel to back wheel. The engine, transmission, body are still good but the frame broke. Do some research and you will find Nissan trucks and Pathfinders have bad frame metallurgy and the frame is likely to break long before the engine.

Favorite Features

Manual shift transfer case + installing Warn locking front hubs + limited-slip differential makes a good 4x4. V6 engine is a tank.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan should recall these trucks due to faulty frame engineering. No longer safe to drive.

Great Truck
By NE Truck

1995 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought it with 89K miles in 2001. I have 198K miles as of 11/2009. V6 burns NO oil, but leaks alittle. Auto trans was newly rebuilt when I bought it in 2001. Auto trans are a weak link so I put in a trans cooler the first week and have had no problems. 100% reliable truck. I replaced the exhaust studs(weak link) when I changed the timing belts at 100K as a matter of routine. I change the oil(Mobile 1) every 5K miles and all fluids every 50K. Water pump went at 180K all elts still original. SE model has everything and everything still work like new. Body starting to rust due to NH salt in winter. Will by a Frontier when this one goes.

Favorite Features

Posi rear for snow and 4 wheeling. 31 inch tires stock on SE model. Great Looks for year.

Suggested Improvements

I'm 6 foot and leg room isn't great. Cup holder.

Rotten Frameq
By Mark

1995 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Nissan trucks have a problem with the frame. The frame rots out. Unbelievable. The frame on the truck should not rust out. Told by my mechanic to junk it because of the rotted out frame. Unlike Toyota that made a deal with owners, Nissan basically just said caveat emptor, i.e. buyer beware. Kept having to repair the E-brake. E-brake kept getting clogged and need to be cleaned.

Favorite Features

Solid engine.

Suggested Improvements

Build a frame that lasts.

Love this picktup!!
By Niblik

1995 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this pickup with 14000 miles and it now has 214000 miles. This pickup runs better with weight in the back. So smooth. I have replaced a few items, like a/c compressor, timing belt, alternator and that is about it. It still has the original muffler and clutch!! Very well built vehicle. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Although, I am thinking of getting a full size pickup and might end up selling this in the near future. Check Craig's List in the future in you want it.

Favorite Features

Towing capability. I have hauled rock, dirt, mulch and towed atv's and a u- haul trailer (over weight) with no problems. She loved the weight.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders!! I need cup holders. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything.