Used 1991 Nissan Truck Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

1991 Nissan Truck Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

19 years old and 207,000 Miles!
By Andrew

1991 Nissan Truck Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this 1991 "King Cab" pickup to haul household stuff, haul firewood, and commute 30 miles each way to work. This truck has NEVER let me or my wife down - not a dead battery, not a flat tire, NOTHING! This has been the most reliable and trouble free vehicle that I have ever owned - and I have owned quite a few. I am planning to sell it soon, though - my son will start driving in a couple of years and I want a vehicle with Airbags and ABS for him. Aside from that, I'd keep this truck another 19 years. Just so you know, though - I plan to buy a 1999 Nissan Pickup to replace this one. :)

Favorite Features

Jump seats, torquey engine.

Suggested Improvements

None!

best truck ever
By truck fan

1991 Nissan Truck Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought this truck from my grandfather with 238k miles on it. he in turn bought it from a guy in georgia in 95. he changed the oil every 3k. i do the same and its now gott 245k miles and is going strong. no major issues even after a minor wreck it still works flawlessly. i take it on 500 mile trips frequently and it gets me their at 75mph. i love this truck and will definitely be getting another nissan pickup when this one does die." if ever" great job Nissan you have won a lifetime customer . keep up the quality.

Favorite Features

REALIABILITY,easy handling,car like suspension.

Suggested Improvements

better fuel economy more powerful 4 cylinder.

Great little truck
By Iasd1

1991 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Even with less than ideal maintenance, this vehicle just keeps churning. Never has left me stranded at any time. Starts and runs strong in hot or cold. The interior wears very good and is made for driving comfort. The only gripes I have are the instrument cluster lights have gradually gone out from left to right. The bedliner mounting system leaves alot to be desired. The liner won't stay put. It slides forward leaving the back corners exposed and partially blocking the tie down hooks which by the way are extremely useful.

Favorite Features

Power, reliablility, adjustable driver's seat, recessing tie down hooks

Suggested Improvements

Better electronics, must improve the securing of the bedliner, fuel economy. Trucks this size should get better than 15/19 mpg even with the V6.

Nissan Truck
By Donna L.

1991 Nissan Truck Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new and it has never failed us. Only had to have clutch replaced and oil changes. Great gas milage.

Reliable vehicle
By VC

1991 Nissan Truck Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

No major problems. Just the belts at 65,000 miles. Interoir air vents made of plastic and fell off years ago. The dash board has cracks in it also. Overall a very reliable vehicle with just basic oil changes.