Titan doesn't live up to its name
By Adam on
2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
We purchased the truck new in 05. Currently we have 52,000 miles on it. The truck has plenty of power with the trade off being mileage. We see an average of just over twelve. We have gotten 18 on premium and 8 on E85. The truck has been plagued with both minor and major problems. Minor being tire pressure sensors leaking or needing recalibration and back up sensors. Major being brakes, replaced front differential which took Nissan 2weeks, Fuel tank pressure sensor, and a fuel mixture sensor. Overall it is an O.K. truck but for real work I would prefer a Ford or Chevy. It is a sweet ride coming off the lot and in town but that is as far as you can take it.
Favorite Features
We like the interior. It has ample room and with the folding rear seats I was surprised how much we could fit in the cabin. The power makes it a fun vehicle to drive and I thought it handled good.
Suggested Improvements
Either beef up the extras or get rid of them. Having a rear sensor out does not affect the reliability but is very annoying same with the pressure sensors (I own a tire gauge thank you). Overall durability is what this truck needs, unless your a soccer mom.