2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Review: rattles and bad salesman

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Review

rattles and bad salesman
By Mario on

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck and am happy that I own it. But it would appear the quality of those who manufactured the vehicles was poor. Mechanically everything is sound. Though I have, on the inside, lots of clicks, rattles, poorly placed trim and many other complaints. Worse than that, my salesman was a snake in the grass. Not that I should have expected more from a car salesman, but he certainly threw a kink in the whole experience. It would be nice if the bed was a little longer, like 8 inches longer, but at 6'4 with the extra cab I can't really complain. Hauling a cord of wood is easy enough, but making it a 3/4 ton truck would've been nice. Know also that this truck dents very easily!

Favorite Features

In my opinion, there is nothing that sets this truck apart from the others in it's class. I chose the titan because I could get the extra cab while keeping the price relatively low at the expense of features that really suck not to have. Nonetheless, it is a good truck at a good price.

Suggested Improvements

Should be a 3/4 ton, and the bed needs to be 7 feet instead of 6'4. Things such as power locks/windows should be standard. Improving the manufacturing of the trucks is a necessity. Poorly produced interiors with rattles and clanks are upsetting in a brand new $26K truck.