Used 2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 258 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Awesome truck!
By SK

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a used Titan with only 24000 miles on it. Incredible truck with great power. Tows my 5000 lb. trailer with ease. Handles great. Super-fast. You hit the gas and the truck flies.

HP!

Better gas mileage, but what do you expect from a 1/2 ton truck with a 5.6 liter engine!

what hasn't broke is a shorter list
By john c

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

here's a list of repairs (that i can remember) rear differential, rear axle shafts, power steering pump, both exhaust manifolds, u joint, front drive shaft, hub assemblies, condenser fan, wiring harness, window leak, air pressure sensors, back up sensors 4x's, rear axle shaft seals, drive shaft seals, rear axle breather, tailgate hinge, power steering lines, power steering tub/hose assembly, throttle speed sensor, anti lock brake sensor

it starts every try

too many to list

THE best pickup I have ever owned
By teckytwo

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Chevy, Ford, Dodge and Jeep pickups and I tried them all again before buying my Titan. I am getting older so I like my comfort and this pu is very comfortable and my wife feels safe in it. After a really bad accident in a half size pu I decided once again for a full size. I knew it would not have good mileage but this truck is terrific, no mechanical issues, looks great, runs fantastic and the Nissan maintenance is great. Brakes and tires wear out so no issues for me there. It tows like a dream only drawback is the front columns on either side of windshield takes some getting used to looking around it. No complaints, wish I had enough miles on it to justify buying another:o)

Great power,the engine just keeps running no matter what I do or tow. Creature comforts are fantastic, hey so what I am getting older and deserve them.Seats are most comfortable I have ever had in a pickup and love the big electric back window and backdoor windows that roll all the way down.

Front windshield posts need something,need to be able to turn off the outside cab light,tire air pressure sensors need something, would like diesel or propane option, backseat that folds out flat like a bed, roof tracks tapered away from windshield windshield, locking gas lid door

Tire sensors/check engine soon
By jerkey

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased / truck rides extremely well. Was surprised. Only problem with this truck is the tire sensors, if you change the tires you have to reset to have the light go out on dash. Mine is still lit. Another way to make you bring to dealership. Also engine service light comes on & stays on don't know why. Asked dealership people, they were mesmerized. I will write another review after I find out what is going on with these sensor lights?

Engine /quick pick up / comfortable seating / great body integrity

Cab a little noisy (need to get the kinks out of electrical problems)!

Titan doesn't live up to its name
By Adam

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased the truck new in 05. Currently we have 52,000 miles on it. The truck has plenty of power with the trade off being mileage. We see an average of just over twelve. We have gotten 18 on premium and 8 on E85. The truck has been plagued with both minor and major problems. Minor being tire pressure sensors leaking or needing recalibration and back up sensors. Major being brakes, replaced front differential which took Nissan 2weeks, Fuel tank pressure sensor, and a fuel mixture sensor. Overall it is an O.K. truck but for real work I would prefer a Ford or Chevy. It is a sweet ride coming off the lot and in town but that is as far as you can take it.

We like the interior. It has ample room and with the folding rear seats I was surprised how much we could fit in the cabin. The power makes it a fun vehicle to drive and I thought it handled good.

Either beef up the extras or get rid of them. Having a rear sensor out does not affect the reliability but is very annoying same with the pressure sensors (I own a tire gauge thank you). Overall durability is what this truck needs, unless your a soccer mom.