2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
My Fun Truck
By Larry E. Olson on 03/20/07 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

With exception performance and with just 500 miles on the new engine I traveled to the West Coast with a trailer to purchase and haul back 4 Cushman motorcycles. Driving through snow cover mountain passes, windy valleys and heavy rains the Titan preformed exceptionally well. I was totally pleased with its handling and towing capabilities. I had severe head winds on the return trip and still the Titan was able to make the trip and surpassed all my expectations. I was so pleased that I stopped into Gateway Nissan and shared with the dealership personnel copies of the recent article in Popular Mechanics (Mar 2007), all the good comments I received and my trip experiences. The truck is awesome!

Awesome truck!
By Tim on 03/19/07 18:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Loved the truck since the day I bought it. Gas mileage as expected. Calipers were replaced in first 3 months I had it by dealership with no hassles. The 4x4 off road package makes this truck ride like a truck - especially on long distance trips on highway.

18 mpg highway, not in my truck
By mike on 02/23/07 08:08 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I wish nissan would have been up front about mpg, this truck is killing me in fuel. However this truck has more power then i will ever need. it's been to the shop for few defects already, something I did not expect from a nissan product. I am also on my third set of tires after only 32,000 miles. I am thinking about trading it in for a toyota.

towing
By Carl25 on 02/16/07 02:28 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I really liked our Titan. When towing our 30 Ft. travel trailer we had an accident from the swaying stability when I was passing a semi. once I got by him all hell broke loose. Totaled my truck and travel trailer. there wasn't any one hurt only minor cuts and bruises. So we were very well protected.

Very Good Truck
By Brandon on 02/15/07 20:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This has been the best truck I have ever owned (out of 2 Chevy, 1 Ford, 1 Dodge).

Great Truck
By sailorted on 02/15/07 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Has been a great truck. 42,000 miles in 20 months. Very Comfortable. I tow a camp trailer all summer. Will replace this with another Titan.

one solid poswerful truck.
By DSHESS57 on 02/12/07 20:35 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this has the most cab space of any extended cab pick-up i have previously purchased. interior design easy to manage all control knobs. strong sturdy ride. truck rides and feels really solid. no rattles inside of cab. wish it were a little more sound proof. hear a lot of outside sounds with windows up. overall very satisfied with truck. i will purchase another when i need another vehicle.

Big Bad Truck
By Jim on 12/20/06 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Titan is a awesome truck. I think Nissan just needs to improve on their Seatbelts, and turning radius of the truck. And also they need to put on better braking system. I think a upgrade of rotors, and pads would help. Maybe performance rotors, the kind they use on Nascar or Trucks. I also think that Nissan should consider building a sporty version of the Nissan Titan. I am thinking 600 horse power or better .

great truck
By Franks truck on 12/12/06 16:45 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Always dependable and I have to say this a manly feeling when you start to roll

who cares what I say
By joe on 11/28/06 07:20 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my truck. it has lots of power,easy 4x4 control, the only thing nissan should do is install heavy duty brakes, my rotors were warped after the first month. The toyota tundra is a nice truck too but you feel like your in a Camry when your driving it. the Nissan feels like a truck. My regret was I didn't spend the extra money on the LE