2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
My big gas hog! But I love it!
By Devin on 03/02/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Titan as a close out from 05. I drove it for 18k when the brakes went bad (total replacement, rotors, calipers, pads, etc.), a silent recall. I pull a 23' cargo trailer daily - seems to do its job well. I ran for a year without trailer lights because no one could figure out what was wrong, finally it was a crimp in the rear door wiring harness (a recall that WASN'T posted). Tires were replaced at 28. Gas mileage is poor, unloaded at best 12-14. I love this pickup over all, I find it to have a great stance, powerful engine and really does a great job pulling the trailer and 30' pontoon. Just wished it had better brakes and a few other thing

It's a winner
By L. Willis on 06/29/07 10:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a fabulous experience as a new truck owner. I needed it to haul horses and travel my daily route across a poorly maintained dirt road in front of my home in outskirts of Phoenix (county land) to work in Scottsdale. It's at home in either place. I've even used my truck to pull cemented fence posts out of the ground and it popped them right out. I've always been a sports car type but I love my Titan!

22 Months With '05 Titan
By quattroa4m on 06/25/07 08:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5th full size truck (Chevy, GMC, Ford, & Dodge) and by far the Titan has been the best experience. The drive-train is second to none, the interior comfort for long hauls is terrific, and the reliability has been rock solid. Yes I did have the brake recall performed (at 32K miles), but it just wasn't a big deal. I'm very picky about braking, handling, and performance and it was pretty obvious that the front rotors were undersized. Since I was using the truck as a long distance runner, it just wasn't a big deal.

one solid poswerful truck.
By DSHESS57 on 02/12/07 20:35 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this has the most cab space of any extended cab pick-up i have previously purchased. interior design easy to manage all control knobs. strong sturdy ride. truck rides and feels really solid. no rattles inside of cab. wish it were a little more sound proof. hear a lot of outside sounds with windows up. overall very satisfied with truck. i will purchase another when i need another vehicle.

Big Bad Truck
By Jim on 12/20/06 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Titan is a awesome truck. I think Nissan just needs to improve on their Seatbelts, and turning radius of the truck. And also they need to put on better braking system. I think a upgrade of rotors, and pads would help. Maybe performance rotors, the kind they use on Nascar or Trucks. I also think that Nissan should consider building a sporty version of the Nissan Titan. I am thinking 600 horse power or better .

the best truck in my life
By little nicky on 11/01/06 20:33 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the greatest trucks I have ever driven. The only setback was the brakes needed replacing because the morons who designed the truck put in frontier brakes designed for the smaller pick-up/SUV. However, now I have new special-designed brake rotors and feet for the TITAN and never had a problem since! I highly recommend this truck for both comfort and work. But be warned....the TITAN has such torque that it can rip your head off! The stock horsepower is almighty and has great potential! This is a must!

Titan Good, Dealership Bad
By commander3 on 09/27/06 21:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my truck for 1.5 years and loved it until just recently due to the poor dealer service. It has the banks exhaust and gets 15-16 mpg with my heavy right foot and sounds great. The airbag light now comes on and is at the dealer for the 4th time in a month. They just keep replacing parts and two days later the warning lights are back on. You would think a Nissan dealer would know how to service a Nissan truck. Worst service I have ever seen with no end in sight.

willieG.
By willieG. on 09/20/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

the handing is great. fun to drive. if you keep a light foot on it you'll get good gas mileage. don't let your kids drive it, if ya still want tires on it. hp is unbelievable.

Titan is the King - Aptly Named!
By Paul on 08/26/06 03:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Power, The Looks I get, The Feel, The Roominess, The Comfort for 5 Passengers in an Extended Cab, The Innovative Design, The Handling, The Sound System... I could go on forever singing the praises of this truck. Nissan offers something in the Titan that no other manufacturer has ever cared to offer. This is an investment worth every dollar. Sure the gas mileage is low, but its a truck, with an EXTREMELY Powerful and responsive engine - put a K&N filter on it, ease up on the gas, and the gas mileage I am getting sometimes peaks over 18mpg!!! (highway of course). There was the brake glitch, I took it back once, the fixed it and its gone. Leave the Domestics... this is the KING

My Best Truck So Far
By Norm on 07/25/06 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third truck to own and first Nissan after having a Ford and Chevy. I love the truck. The engine sounds a bit loud on accerations, but I quickly got used to it and no long notice it. Driving is a lot smoother than the Ford truck I test drove. The captain's chairs kind of wrap around you and are very comfortable on a long drive. City mileage is only 14 mpg, but it is a truck. The only problem I have had was with the brakes. I was expecting this after reading the other reviews. Nissan came thru, by "upgrading" the brakes and giving me a 3 year/36000 mile warranty on them. The Big Tow Package I got is a good option if you pull a trailer.