Used 2005 Nissan Titan SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

My big gas hog! But I love it!
By Devin

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Titan as a close out from 05. I drove it for 18k when the brakes went bad (total replacement, rotors, calipers, pads, etc.), a silent recall. I pull a 23' cargo trailer daily - seems to do its job well. I ran for a year without trailer lights because no one could figure out what was wrong, finally it was a crimp in the rear door wiring harness (a recall that WASN'T posted). Tires were replaced at 28. Gas mileage is poor, unloaded at best 12-14. I love this pickup over all, I find it to have a great stance, powerful engine and really does a great job pulling the trailer and 30' pontoon. Just wished it had better brakes and a few other thing

Favorite Features

Love the styling, tough looks, plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

POOR BRAKES! Doors are a little sloppy (king cab), poor mpg.

It's a winner
By L. Willis

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a fabulous experience as a new truck owner. I needed it to haul horses and travel my daily route across a poorly maintained dirt road in front of my home in outskirts of Phoenix (county land) to work in Scottsdale. It's at home in either place. I've even used my truck to pull cemented fence posts out of the ground and it popped them right out. I've always been a sports car type but I love my Titan!

Favorite Features

The power is very clear. A smooth drive.

Suggested Improvements

The secondary fan that cools the engine in hot weather is noisy.

22 Months With '05 Titan
By quattroa4m

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5th full size truck (Chevy, GMC, Ford, & Dodge) and by far the Titan has been the best experience. The drive-train is second to none, the interior comfort for long hauls is terrific, and the reliability has been rock solid. Yes I did have the brake recall performed (at 32K miles), but it just wasn't a big deal. I'm very picky about braking, handling, and performance and it was pretty obvious that the front rotors were undersized. Since I was using the truck as a long distance runner, it just wasn't a big deal.

Favorite Features

Performance and interior comfort are quite impressive. Ability to haul loads (within rated capacity) exceptional!

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastics need to be upscaled a bit. Granted it's a V8, but tweaking the gas mileage would be greatly appreciated. Get rid of the stock Goodyear tires! Nothing hurts the perception of a vehicle more that when a manufacturer shods it with tires from the lowest bidder.

one solid poswerful truck.
By DSHESS57

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this has the most cab space of any extended cab pick-up i have previously purchased. interior design easy to manage all control knobs. strong sturdy ride. truck rides and feels really solid. no rattles inside of cab. wish it were a little more sound proof. hear a lot of outside sounds with windows up. overall very satisfied with truck. i will purchase another when i need another vehicle.

Favorite Features

power, sturdy, solid, space in cab, nice appearance and handles very well. pretty good on miles per gallon.

Suggested Improvements

insulate cab from exterior noise. more horse power. 317 is really good. but more is always better.

Big Bad Truck
By Jim

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Titan is a awesome truck. I think Nissan just needs to improve on their Seatbelts, and turning radius of the truck. And also they need to put on better braking system. I think a upgrade of rotors, and pads would help. Maybe performance rotors, the kind they use on Nascar or Trucks. I also think that Nissan should consider building a sporty version of the Nissan Titan. I am thinking 600 horse power or better .

Favorite Features

The pickup responds is awesome. Love that horsepower

Suggested Improvements

Better braking power. and better turning radius