2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews 8

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
awsome truck
By al on 02/03/05 21:59 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this truck for almost a year. the ride is great. awsome power, great sound from exhaust. best looking truck. Already been in the dealer for new window switches, front brake dicks raplaced. Heat shield retightened, and nasty rattles coming from dash, driver and passenger doors, head rest,(which dealer has tried to fix with poor succes) Tail gate slides to right or left when opened.

Fun to Drive, Hard to pay for!!
By Chuck on 02/02/05 13:31 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is fun, fun, fun to drive. With the 305 HP motor, it makes you feel like you're in a Mustang the size of a tank. I have only had one problem so far. The hose from the AC condenser in the dash to the outside was defective and it caused water to leek in the truck on the pasanger side. It took several trips to the dealership and 6 weeks to resolve the problem (I think it was the dealership though). If you can afford it, buy one. FUN, FUN, FUN

shaking steering wheel when breaking
By Sergio Baylon on 01/31/05 14:00 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

fun to drive, when braking steering wheel shakes a lot (I mean a lot!!!), and the worst thing is they don't have enough spare parts to fix the problem (long waiting list, I've been waiting since dec 9!!). Dealer says spare parts will fix problem temporarily, while nissan is finding out the real solution. I heard Nissan Armada got same problem.

This truck ROCKS!
By Joe M on 01/23/05 13:09 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my 2004 Nissan Titan since July. Now it is Jan 23, 2005, a huge snow storm hit four days ago, and another pounds down now! Am I worried? NO WAY! I drove this truck through snowbanks headlight high, drifts 3+ feet deep, no problem! I slid once on an angle, stopped, hit the diff lock, then I was off no problem! This is a great ruck, rugged, roomy, a must in Northern Maine! I just had a buddy buy a new F-150, paid $8,000 more then me, and after four days it didn't start because of the cold! Overall, this truck is great, I get excited each time I drive it, not excited about the gas mileage, but that was expected! I feel very safe on or off road with my daughter in tow as well, I have a 4X4, Off Road, Big Tow, SE!!!

By Scott on 01/06/05 23:04 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I purchased my Titan I had researched and test drove all the available 1/2 crew cabs. My wife and I felt the Titan offered the most truck for the money. The only thing I couldn't find much on was safety. Unfortunately I tested this myself in a snowstorm. My wife and two young children were driving in the middle of NOWHERE when we hit a blizzard. Long story short, we went into the ditch and rolled one time. The entire family was unharmed (not even a scracth). I was able to climb out of the ditch and drive 100 miles to the closest town. I was amazed at how well the truck held up. The only damage was minor cosmetic. I'm very impressed.

repeating brake problems
By dbrockner on 01/02/05 08:45 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

AFTER 5000 MILES FRONT BRAKES STARTED PULSATING AND SQUEALING. HAD TRUCK IN FOR FRONT BRAKES 3 TIMES. TOTAL OF 15 DAYS DOWN TIME. NISSAN COULD NOT SUPPLY THE PARTS. OCT 04 MORE BRAKE PROBLEMS. 19000 MILES. REARS WERE SHOT. THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE ME TO REPAIR THEM. AFTER MUCH COMPLAINING THEY REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY. THE REARS WERE DOING ALL THE WORK WHEN THE FRONTS WERENT WORKING. ALSO POWER WINDOWS IN FRONT MALFUNCTION ALL THE TIME. 4 WHEEL DRIVE SWITCH REPLACED TWICE.

nissan titan se 4wd cc
By reggie thorne on 01/01/05 22:52 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

totally awesome ride and comfort.

Big Lemmon
By Jerry on 12/30/04 13:44 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After less than 6 months of ownership my Titan has developed severe problems and has now been in the shop for over 2 weeks with no firm estimate of when I will get my truck back. The technicians at Nissan have recommended the dealer replace the entire rearend. One of the service reps at Hall Nissan said that they discovered a computer problem as well. I have been in contact with the dealer almost daily now and have spoken with Nissan "Customer Service Dept" a couple of times. The end of next week is the earliest I can expect my truck to be fixed was the last answer I received and they didn't sound sure about that. I am completely dissatisfied with both the Nissan product and service.

Very Pleased
By TarheelTitan on 12/26/04 18:22 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have 2 main wishes about this truck. I do not like the black plastic at the tailgate release lever. I also wish it had the power vertical rear window a-la the Tundra Double Cab. That being said, I love my Titan SE Crew 4x4 with Rockford Package, Utility bed and Big Tow package. Living near the North Carolina mountains, it pulls the hills in this area with much power to spare and decent gas mileage while doing so. I had been waiting a while for such a tough looking, well-equipped truck, and at last I have one. I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for great quality, power, tough looks and I'm counting on the long-term reliability Nissan has been known for!

Love my Titan
By jack on 12/26/04 09:40 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 03 Frontier Crew Cab for my new Titan Crew Cab. What a difference. I have been a Ford fan for years but Nissan's products are hard to beat, especially on quality and price. We have taken 2 road trips and found it to be most comfortable. Passing is not problem. The folding rear seats make for perfect storage while carrying things that don't need to be exposed to the weather I have received numerous compliments on my Titan's appearance. Especially the Deep Water blue paint. I'm routinely getting 16 mpg in town and 19 on the highway without a headwind. Outstanding Truck!!