Used 2004 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

80,000 And Still Love This Truck
By Scott

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the truck in 04 new and have had NO problem except the initial brake issue that Nissan took care of until a recently having problem with A/C control knob. A very minor first problem after 4 years and 80,000 miles. I can't imagine why Nissan is talking with Dodge to design the next generation Titan!! Except for MPG I would love to keep the truck for many years to come!

Favorite Features

Engine / power, comfort, interior design, radio controls on steering wheel, flip up back seats and great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

MPG, add running lights, Tow PKG should be STD.

Buy a Titan
By harold Baker

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Exceptional ride quality and workmanship. I've had almost no problems, mainly recalls for seat belts.

Favorite Features

Power and ride quality

Suggested Improvements

Diesel engine option

What a PAIN
By Tizan

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought it new, after 3k miles brakes went out, dealer replaced 3 times. Diff seal leaked, rattles all over, key gets stuck in ignition, front window regulator went out, drive shaft rusted, oil pressure sensor went out, makes me wonder what happend to Nissan. I am so disappointed that I want to call get rid of this truck. I have a 90 300zx thats been more fun, and reliable then this truck, I will never buy another Nissan.

Favorite Features

Adjustable pedals, nice exhaust sound, and the power.

Suggested Improvements

Quality!

A Nissan disappointment
By Ron

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Problems since day one. Windows, door handles, horn, plastic body parts and more are poorly designed and don't function properly to this date 1 1/2 years later. Major drive train problem that Nissan can't or refuses to fix. Nissan denies there even is a problem. Svc mgr confirmed vibration at mid speed range. A warrantee is only as good as the issuer. In this case, no good. My advice, buy another make of truck.

Favorite Features

Rear folding seats.

Suggested Improvements

Take out the blind spots created by the windshield posts combined with the side mirror placement. Have an 8' long bed option.

Drive it and you'll buy it
By RB's Titan

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love this truck. I was previous Toyota Tundra owner and Ford F150 before that so trucks are my choice vehicle. Have had no problems that stranded me in this truck and the dealer has made all warranty repairs in timely fashion. Being a first year and first release I can say that Nissan put in their time. Currently I have 28K and a few mods that have proven to out perform other makes and still maintain drivability.

Favorite Features

Power, Storage (cup holders,bedside toolbox), folding rear seats, matching full size spare

Suggested Improvements

Better AC blower less noise and more air, FM radio reception, bigger brakes, electric fans, and an extra gear for highway to maske use of low end torque