2014 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Nice SUV but bad AC
By jscak on 08/17/14 12:41 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought AWD SL 2014 Rogue in Apr 14. Only 4800 mils on it but havebeen to dealer two times due to auto AC problems. Dealer replaced seal on one visit but AC still not efficient. Seems to take forever to switch from recirc air to outside air in a relatively mild climate (Maryland). Dealer said AC working properly during last visit - if that's the case then AC is poorly sized for this vehicle. Had several other vehicles witn Auto AC and never had this problem - it was basically set-and-forget. Latest problem is cool air comes out of driver side vents but warm outside air out of passenger side with both sides set at 72 deg. Going back to dealer again.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my car
By jessikah0703 on 08/12/14 09:06 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

There are a few things I would change about my car, like the light colored head liner, and maybe tint the windows but that's about it. The AC does take a a few minutes to cool the interior, but that's with any car in 100+ degree weather. My average fuel mileage is 27.5. Once I passed about 3,000 miles I started seeing an increase in my gas mileage. I am very rarely getting less that 29 mpg and that's in the city! I looked at every other option for a compact SUV and I really think I made the best decision. The rear AC vents are my favorite feature! My kids were actually complaining the other day about being cold and it was 98 degrees outside the car! Lifetime Chevy owner, turned Nissan Lover!

Agree.........the A/C is Pathetic
By fossilhunter on 08/10/14 06:43 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I refrained from writing a review on my Rogue as I've only had it 4 months but having read the previous reviewers gripe with the A/C, I decided to add my two cents. I live in Virginia and although this has been a mild summer in terms of heat, the A/C in my Rogue takes about 15 minutes to cool the cabin to a comfortable temperature. I took the car to the dealership and had them investigate. They said the A/C was cooling to 40 degrees as it was supposed to and by the service writer's own admission, on a really hot day, it could take 20 minutes for the cabin to cool. In addition, I can't dial back the blower speed because the cabin never gets that cold.

No regrets!
By vaslup on 08/08/14 22:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2011 328xi BMW for the SL Rogue as I needed more space and better mileage. People get surprised when they sit in the back, feeling spacious and comfortable. I am getting 23-27 miles per gallon in the city and 31-33 in the highway and the average is about 27, outstanding! A bit slow at the beginning, but it was expected due to hp and 4 cyl; however, if you need that extra bust, press the "sport" button and you will be a bit surprised how much faster this baby can go. Great ride a and sound system better that my BMW. In my opinion, no other Crossover/SUV will give you a better bang for your buck, not to mention is good looking and stands out from the crowd!

Overall love it
By kdavis82712 on 08/06/14 14:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We got hustled into buying a 2014 Ford Escape SE. Traded it two weeks later for the 2014 Nissan Rogue SV w/ premium package. Best decision ever! The only issues we've had are 1. the nav screen will say loading & you have to cut the car on & off a few times to get it to work. 2. The air takes about 5 mins to get cool. We live in a pretty hot place but even when the temp drops, the air still takes awhile to get cool. Asked the dealership about it. They did nothing. For a brand new car 5 mins to have COOL (not cold) air is ridiculous. Anyone else have this air issue??

A brand new Rogue SL AWD
By earthwateruser on 08/04/14 13:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased a new Rogue and the car performed very well on a long road trip. Highway comfort is excellent, with only a bit of road noise on rough highways. The 2.5L powerplant has enough power and the trade off for fuel economy is one I'm happy to make. The CVT is fine, but I'm used to one. Highway mileage hovered around 30 mpg w/ my overall economy only slightly lower at 27.5. The car seems to be a great value. We looked at all the competitors in the segment (and some outside it) and the Rogue SL interior was, by far, the nicest. Suspension is very good. Bose stereo also very good. A very nice car all around. Definitely worth a look if you shop this segment.

2014 Rogue SV FWD
By tony250 on 07/30/14 16:00 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I downsized from 2010 Buick Enclave because i don't need that big vehicle for my small family, but still i tried to compensate the ride comfort for the substitute vehicle. So the ride quality compared to enclave is the same other than Rogue is 1500 lbs lighter. It is fun to drive where as enclave was a chore to drive in city and locally. It has more technological features - electronics and trace control, ride control and engine braking. Ride comfort: it is quiet, smooth , less wind and tire noise, light steering on low speeds and precise on highway speeds, very little body role - you can drive this like a car other than the acceleration part.The only negative is NASA inspired seats.

We bought A Lemon
By 2014nislemon on 07/23/14 07:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Our 2014 Rogue SL's digital ac control won't turn on when the vehicle is started we purchased it in June and since then it has been at the dealership 27 out of the first 40 days since delivery. Nissan has thus far been unable to fix the issue. Do not buy a 2014 Rogue! We are hard working people that were trying to provide a quality vehicle for our family and so far this experience has been a nightmare! The regional manufacturing rep for Nissan is involved, but they are still dragging their feet. Nissan of Chesapeake can not repair the Rogue while we are sitting back making payments and driving something much smaller and not comparable to our purchase. Again DO NOT PURCHASE A NISSAN!!!

Kiddie Pool inside of your rogue!
By paul_ny on 07/15/14 19:02 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a Nissan Rogue 2014 SV full package with moon roof, on December 2013. Since than I had to come back to the dealer few times: First it was missing All wheel drive Harness, they simply forgot to install it on my car. There was no AWD nor Hill descent, the part was ordered and installed. It kind of makes you think, what else did they forget to install?. But the best one yet, I noticed that area under passenger seat is moist,I thought it was spilled water and ignored this at first, but it kept coming back more and more, took it to the dealer. He said it was clogged sun roof drain, that he fixed, few days passed to my surprise I notice around 1" of water under passenger seat today.

Goodbye, Ford
By southtx on 07/07/14 06:36 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded out of a very troublesome 2013 Escape into the Rogue SL with Nav. Comapring to the Escape, the Nissan has a bit more hard plastic, but the overall feel of 'quality' is better. The ride is noticeably smoother, even with much higher than suggested tire pressure. Also much quieter, both as to wind noise and tire/road noise. The CVT transmission seems a bit sluggish when shifting, but is very smooth. Fuel economy so far is steady at 26mpg combined, and a bit over 29 at 70mph... which is very good for a brand new vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$145 per month*