2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Love this suv!
By Shawn Sullivan

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought used 2014 Rogue SV. I probably should have done more research, cause I see quite a few complaints about the A.C., and sluggish CVT tranny. I previously owned a Murano with the CVT trans, so I am used to it, and really prefer it now. I don't think it's sluggish at all for a 4 cylinder. It is adequate, and compared to the Ford Escape, and Toyota Rav 4, I felt the ride was so much better. The rogue does wine with the throttle wide open going uphill, just like most 4 cylinders in it's class. I really love it so far. I think it's the best in it's class for the money, although I've read good things about the Mazda c.x. 5, I didn't, test drive one. Hope I don't regret this purchase!

Be Very Careful If You're Considering This Vehicle
By Jim

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Rogue is a 2014 SV AWD. There are some things to like; good gas mileage (especially highway), decent acceleration, good handling in snow, comfortable front seats, great sound system in the SV model, pretty good cargo capacity, okay visibility. But from nearly day one I have had a serious issues with it, and as time goes on I realize that there are also many annoying features that I was not able to identify in the test drive. The worst problems I have had are with the "infotainment" system. The voice recognition is poor (I do not have a heavy accent or speech problem). I have never been able to get the Nissan Connect app connected with my (new model) phone, and neither can the dealer or Nissan Corp. The Sirius radio cuts out when I drive by a tall tree and goes out completely for about 20 seconds several times an hour. It also periodically stops to "reload". I've had Sirius radios in my cars before, and this is by far the least reliable. The navigation is poor at best. Often when I enter (using voice recognition) what I know is a valid address, it comes back with some location in another state 3,000 miles away that doesn't even sound like the correct location. Sometimes it gives a trip time and distance that assumes I can drive directly to the destination even though there's a river between me and the destination, overlooking the time and distance required to go the nearest bridge first. It fails about 40% of the time to locate "Points of Interest" (again using voice recognition), including (no kidding) international airports in my state. I started trying to get these and other issues resolved with the dealer the first week I owned it. I found that except for one guy ("our expert") who worked at one of their remote locations, nobody there understood the systems. I met with the expert, who tried reloading the software several times with no success. They promised to discuss with Nissan, and no solutions resulted. I contacted Nissan and opened a "case". After numerous dealer visits and even more phone discussions with them, Nissan offered me one free month car payment for my trouble, but no fixes. I declined. They said they are working on the problems, but could not say when they would have them resolved. It's now 15 months since I picked up the vehicle and they have not been able to do a thing to help me. I drive a lot (currently at 30k miles), and I have owned many similar vehicles. I can say that for me, the Rogue was one of my worst picks. It also has many lesser annoyances including; 1) the CVT can't find the right gearing when accelerating uphill, usually running the RPMs up to almost 4000 before I give up and take my foot off the pedal, 2) many of the systems are set up to prevent the driver (or passenger) from using them while the vehicle is in gear, 3) the front wiper arms collide with and scratch the hood if you try to lift them out to clean the windshield, and the rear wiper likewise does not lift away from the glass, 4) when the vehicle is wet there's a loud whistle coming (I think) from the roof rack, 5) my front rotors warped at 22k, not covered of course, 6) within 1 year, the leather driver's seat began to show signs of checking and wrinkling, like a much older vehicle, 7) if you drop something between the center console and the seat, kiss it goodbye, 8) the Nissan navigation system does not provide traffic, you have to contract with Sirius for traffic, 9) the rear camera has poor resolution, 10) at about 28k it became obvious I would need tires soon, although I rotated them regularly. I will not buy tires, nor will I spend any more time or effort on this disappointment. It's getting traded next week. And not on another Nissan, ever.

one problem after another
By ibali

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Leased in Jan 2014 Problems: Day 2: headlights needed to be adjusted, blinding on coming drivers. Week 2: back windshield replaced; major leak Month 2: GPS/radio system changed Month 6: Air bag light went on for the day; eventually fixed itself Month 6: All air system blocked; fan working but NO air coming out; fixed itself after 3 hours in temps > 90 degrees! Month 12: Shifter assembly broken Month 15: seat assembly broken (drivers side) Month 16: CVT transmission grinding; replaced whole transmission Now: have no choice but to get extended warranty as approaching 40,000 miles! Reminds me of my old Kia, actually might be worse!

Very comfortable, plenty of interior space.

Quality is [non-permissible content removed] poor. If I wanted an American car, I would have leased one! Compared to my Toyota and Suzuki, this car is BAD!

A purchase full of regrets
By danielbrian142

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I completely regret this purchase. Iím a mid-30s guy, and this is bar far the worst new car Iíve ever owned. Iíve been lucky enough to own 4 in my life, all Hondas. But after the infotainment issues in my Accord, I went on a limb. The limb broke about 3 months into ownership, when a persistent rattle started in the dash where the instrument panel connects. About two weeks later, upon the first below freezing cold spell, the sunroof started to rattle when the cover was opened. Three visits to the dealership later, the problems are still present. Their fixes last for about a week, and then the problems return. The blind spot system is also completely useless in the rain b/c of false +s.

The around camera system is superb. I wish all cars had this option. I like the LED headlights as well.

Fix the build quality issues. Re-design the blind spot system. Use higher quality leather as the tan leather is already showing discoloration after 8700 miles of use. Offer a buy-back program for your crappy 1st year models!

2014 Nissan Rouge SV
By Desire Me

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've bought this SUV in July 2014. I am impressed with most of the features, except the claimed mileage! I do not get over 18mpg driving mostly highway. Also, the lift gate has stopped functioning, GPS unit turns off by itself. front passenger seat vibrates while on ideal. Passenger airbag turns on by itself.