1993 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
I don't understand
By Spice on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this truck,runs great looks great very reliable. The one thing I don't understand is this. Why at 10 yrs old is the frame rotted out above both rear tires. This should not happen, the body I could see but not the main steel frame.

Bullet Proof
By TK Bailey on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is the real deal, a body- on-frame SUV that is not a fancy 4WD station wagon. Mine has 210K miles, have had it since it was new, no major problems yet. If the preventative maintenance has been done: buy one.

'93 Pathfinder
By ThomasAlf on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

The only thing i have had go wrong, has been the electrical. Both the fan and backlights on the dash have gone out, but they've both been easy fixes. Power is a little lacking, but what can be expected of a car this old. i have had no other problems with this car other than minor things that are due to it being an older car.

One thing to remember.... timing belt!
By morpaul on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I got very unlucky, but it was my own fault. I traded for a '93 pathfinder and did not have the timing belt changed immediately after purchasing it. It does have a belt and not a chain! The vehicle had 150K when I got it. It had the orginal timing belt that broke after I had only owned it for about a month. Be sure to have the timing belt changed. I had to replace a motor. $2500!!!

pathfinder
By domingo on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

is very reliable in the snow,I travel from NY to FL couple times with no problem at all.

money burner
By mark larocca on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchaced a used pathfinder in 1998, it had 80k on it and looked sharp. The problems soon followed; brakes, transmission, starter, running boards rusting off, etc.

Rugged, Reliable and Sporty
By Jawad Kirmani on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought it as a second car for use in snowy conditions. I love to use it as my first option now! Amazingly nice handling (for SUV) and extremely reliable. It has had no problems and other than scheduled mant. has needed no mechanic shop visits, despite the 110k on it. Absolutely fantastic piece of machinery.

Great SUV
By 93SE-V6 on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Great on and off road. The pathfinder really has a styling that just doesnt get old.

performance&quality
By Roland on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

It's a light duty truck, safe, comfort and have many uses tha you can handle easyly. it's not also expensive.

Great Truck
By Jorge on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had this truck for several years. It's been the BEST vehicle I've owned to date. Very little mechanical issues have developed. Comfortable and fun to drive. Area of headliner (panel) behind driver seat fell off a couple of year ago. Poor design for cup holders, strong yet ergonomically bad, everything else inside is awesome. Exterior is even better. Paint appears to be in like new condition. Poor acceleration for a V6. Interior noise is a little bit louder now that it was when I first purchased it. It has over 137k miles on it and is still going strong. Will hate to give it up.