Used 1993 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

1993 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Excellent Vehicle
By carollins

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought in 2000 at 115k miles, now at 225k. Never a problem. Original clutch and starter, new shocks, battery, alternator, and rear hatch coils. 19 mpg with synthetic oil at 75mph. Car will go anywhere in Rocky Mountains, and have driven cross country several times too, nice on the highway as well as Whiter Rime trail in Canyonlands.

Favorite Features

BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's for use in snow, desert, and longevity. Love the two analog odometers, trip and tank. adjustable shocks, sport and tour, nice to loosen (tour) for washboard roads. Plenty of room for camping with a rooftop box and bikes on a rack mounted to the rear tire hitch.

Suggested Improvements

Motor is underpowered for mountain driving in Colorado, otherwise perfect power, traction, and clearance. Replaced the header bolts at 150k due to hissing in exhaust, several have broken again. I thought the newer bolts were improved strength.

Great 93 Pathfinder
By Fausto Araujo

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I have been driving it for almost 14 years and it never gave me any big problem. It is amazing. It now has 180,000 miles and still runs great and I get the same fuel consumption as when it new. I wish I could keep it forever.

Favorite Features

All metal body, strongly built, great paint job and excellent leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Could have a ride a little softer.

pathy
By nick micho

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

i have loved this truck from day 1. my dad messed up the engine from carelessness so i replaced it with another stock engine and have absolutely no problems other than exhaust leaks which are fixed buy headers all and all i love this vehicle from the way it drives to the way it looks.

Favorite Features

all of them

Suggested Improvements

headers

Very reliable SUV with a smooth ride
By Eddie

1993 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This has been the best vehicle I ever owned. Although I have not baby the vehicle it still looks fantastic, never had ANYTHING that cost me a bunch to fix, and except for the original junky battery crapping out, the vehicle has never left me stranded anywhere. Still rinning strong at 180,000 miles and all I done is change the water pump and maintenance (tires, oil changes, timing belts, spark plugs). Once I change the clutch I should be good for another 100K miles at least. I have taken the truck off roading, towed a trailer for several year, went to the mountains (ie used the thing as an SUV). I just wish I had 2 of them.

Favorite Features

Reliable, confortable, smooth ride (almost forget it still a truck), nice looking, long lasting, good cornering (for an SUV of course), OK horsepower, good enough to carry stuff inside.

Suggested Improvements

Better way to carry the spare, a way to open the back hatch from the inside, longer lasting shockd for the rear window (the hatch lift shocks lasted longer, go figure), better cup holders, batter mileage (cause it stinks 13-19MPG) it has OK power but not enough to justify the poor mileage

Still luvin it
By skeezerhater

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Well, after thirteen years, I have put on four new sets of tires and two new batteries. The only rust is the rear bumper, which is barely still there and the only bad visual part. This week I found out the hard way that the Timing Belt should have been changed every 60,000 miles. Replacing it would be cheap, but I'm told there may be substantial damage to the pistons which would not be cheap at all. Still, if I could be sure I can get 100,000 more miles out of her I'd pay up in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

Love the oversize tires -- I can drive over anything, and I do cross streams and muddy fields when hunting trips, and bulldoze over snowbanks in the worst blizzards. I have all the luxuries like great audio, while the boxy look and dark glass makes thieves pass it up for flashier SUVs. Good!

Suggested Improvements

None. I love her just the way she is. Wish I could say that about my ex- wife. Ouch. The new ones evidently are superb, but I had no payments due on this one for more than a decade and the joy of a great SUV with the security of a clear title is unbeatable.