2007 Nissan Maxima
By Thoroughly Tested on
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
After six months of spirited driving, I still enjoy the car. On ramp acceleration to 100 mph feels about as fast as our 2006 WRX. Comfortable, well put together, handles well, good road feel, steering is nicely weighted. The Max tracks well; goes where I point it. I took several thorough test drives in the conditions I would be driving (interstate, mountains, 2 lanes and in town). Drove several Maxs, all felt good and had good build quality, fit and finish. I used Edmunds. Researched using the net and found dealer(s) who encouraged me to take my time and get to know the vehicle.
Favorite Features
Exterior looks and interior features. Little extras, like the dual auto up windows. Good Bose stereo. Comfortable, memory seats. Having owned a variety of vehicles (incl. BMW, Toyota, Honda, Lincoln, Subaru) the Max is a good driving, comfortable luxury/sport sedan.
Suggested Improvements
Some noise from very responsive, high performance tires on the SEs I drove, similar to sound in Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Premium Edition. An AWD model in the 7th generation(2009?) Max? for us over 50 snow enthusiasts.