1995 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Best bang for buck, but still

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Review

Best bang for buck, but still lacking...
By chang10is on

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my GXE Altima from another owner 3 years ago. For its cost, the Altima is a clear winner for value. It is reliable (no problems at all yet), has a very nice engine, and gives the driver a good feel of the road. Most of the controls have a fairly nice feel, as build quality is good overall. Despite the a rattle in my car and some of the plastic nobs on the factory stereo falling off, the Altima definitely has the American cars in this class beat in build quality and reliability. However, it still trails behind the compact and midsize sedans of Honda and Toyota on in this area.

Favorite Features

Good amount power on engine, sporty feel, high reliability, excellent value. With any car in this class, it's too easy to rattle off a long list of suggested improvements, but for the money, I don't think I could've made a better decision than to pick the Altima.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension is too firm. Gas pedal is hard to push down, and break is very easy--unbalanced. Build quality could be a little better, especially with parts that rattle. Gear shifting is rough with auto transmission (clutch has a good feel, but manual model is too hard to find!).