2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Something not mentioned

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Something not mentioned
By driver on

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The fuel economy is tied to the battery efficiency, and the battery efficiency is highly ambient temperature dependent. I found that below 35F I get 35 mpg as rated, worse if very cold. However above 70F I can do mid-40 mpg on the same commuting trip. My best record is ~49 mgp. That said, economically it becomes a gray area to get this hybrid if you live in a cold region and drives mostly highway, a plain Altima may come out more economical. Another thing is this car uses synthetic oil! It was such a sticker shock with my first oil change. Factor this extra cost in for a thorough car purchase evaluation.

Favorite Features

I like the compartmentalized glove compartment, it makes reaching for manual and records easier. Back support is surprisingly good.

Suggested Improvements

My biggest problem is the front view, the frame around the front windshield (left side) is very obstructing. The front seat belts are too far back and at a weird angle, I have to twist my body in a strange way to get that seat belt. Road noise is BAD, don't understand why it is rated high.