Used 2004 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews - 441 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Love My "Z"
By Jewelryboy00

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

"Z" That says a lot based on the history. The car handles like a dream on tight mountain curves as well as the informal race track "I-64". The ride is a bit stiff as one would expect from a performance car. The sweet 3.5 litre V-6 cranks out smooth, even power. She is sleek in design and easy on the eyes with a wide stance and flaring fenders. My silverstone "Z" isn't vain even though she has a platinum name.

The Bose sound system with the subwofer really makes the evening hours enjoyable with the windows down and Phil Collins singing "In the Air Tonight". (Kinda like Miami Vice, a Tubbs) With the Nismo spoiler on the rear she gets glares from the big V-8s that grimace in despair.

Love the form fitting seats. Couldn't you have thrown in lumbar support? Why one size larger tires on the back? Can't rotate tires that way. A little more sound proofing in the rear would have made a nice improvement over the road noise.

Sweet Car
By silver bullet

2004 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very nice car. Bought it 2 weeks ago, and it turns heads all the time. I test drove other cars, but none of them had "it." The Z definitely does. The power is great, the looks are great, and the handling is awesome.

Exterior design, susepnsion, engine.

Base sound system.

Best performance for you money
By ALFONSO

2004 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

So far i have experienced great enjoyments and near death encounters with this vehicle. I take it to the extreme when i run my car in the curvy mountain slopes in hemet, ca.

I truly enjoy the appearance of the car from the front end. I am also pleased with the cars engine bay, it leaves you space to add more modifications.

The interior could use some help.

my toy
By Art Bonnell

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have only driven 3400 miles since purchase. car was purchased in north carolina and delivered to jay peak vermont . have made arrangeements with freedom nissan of burlington vermont for service just completed first service 3500 miles. they were very receptive even though i did not purchase the car through them they have notified me of two recalls and are in the process of completing them . fantastic service.

styling / handling once i get into some serious driving i am sure there will be other favorite features

road noise from the back section hatchback area added trunks mat thinking it would help improve no/luck, could improve the quality of the radio not necessary to have the boom box effect . the most important would be all wheel drive living at a ski area limits driving to 6 or 7 month per year

A 1 year review on my 04 Base model
By Karl

2004 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After 23K miles I have been very pleased with this car. yes the tires feathered at 5K miles, and the axles had the clicking problem. But for 25 Grand I dont know of where you can get more bang-for-the-buck fun. I have noticed the gas mileage has gotten better and better. now at 23 avg. The only real gripe I would list is that the base model comes with the least adjustable seats. On a long drive the side bolster tend to poke into the outside of my fat legs and make them a little numb. I have defintely considered trading in on an '06 Z. I think i will wait for the '07. Love the new wheels. Also considering a Vette or a porsche cayman

Motor, motor and the exhaust note too. The Price. I have had a great experience with Nissan service for the tire recall and the axle recall. Chris G. at Team in Marietta GA. Nice job! Other favs are car's design and look. That subtle race car whine from the transmission when you have your foot in

The transmission. I have heard Nissan is on their fourth or fifth revision on the transmission. Shifting is a little tricky and a bit slow compared to my 95 integraGSR 1st to 2nd has always been a bit tough I thought it would break in and free up after a while. After that 2nd gear is nice and long