1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Review: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Review

GS-T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
By eclipse4g63 on

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for a month. I got it from my uncle who bought if from an auction, so I have no idea what it's history is. But I do know that it was originally bought in NC (I'm in MI)...explains most of the 142k miles on it. Sometimes it won't shift into reverse or first gear, and it takes two or three tries to cold start the car. I believe that the charcoal gray paint is not the original, and the coilover springs that were left on it make for too harsh of a ride. But other than that, I love the car. The car picks up and pulls pretty quickly. The turbo takes a sec to spool but once it does, it's a very fast car for a 4cyl. The BOV sounds amazing (equivalent to the sound of air brakes)

Sound of turbo, sound of BOV, transmission shifts good except for those random times it won't shift into first and reverse.

Moving the placement of the gearshift back so that my huge hands won't keep hitting the radio with each shift into 1st, 3rd, and especially 5th. Probably would have suited the car best to fit it with a 4G63T from the Evo.