2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
Great
By Driver on 05/01/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car it was my dream car... It was all i expected - fast, stylish, and an eye catcher. I often bumped curbs but other than that it was great - never had a problem brought it at 52000miles. The only thing i had to do is get a new battery at 79000 miles.

Spyder GT
By OzzyGT on 06/09/07 12:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my UV Blue Pearl right off the showroom. I have since installed several performance parts including intake, exhaust, springs, and new stickier tires - this helped a lot, and I have much more to do. This car is a babe-magnet and is wonderful with the top down. Hardly any wind buffeting at all. This is a perfect car to modify and customize. It will not be a rocket, however because the convertibles weigh a little more than average. Enjoy.

Great car
By Joshua on 09/15/05 17:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After reading the expert reviews I was a little leary about buying a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. However, I got a deal I couldn't turn down and have since enjoyed it immensely. If I wanted a backseat and a lot of trunk space I wouldn't have bought a convertible. This is a great car to drive. The V6 engine accelerates smoothly and handles fairly well. It is quite comfortable for the driver and passenger with easy to use controls. The convertible top is easy and quick to raise and lower and with the top down, there is minimal problems with the wind. Overall this is a great car and a lot of fun to drive. I am glad I ended up buying it.

The She-Clipse
By screeli on 09/11/05 14:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Eclipse and despite the handful of negatives I had with my past Eclipse, this one has been great. The exterior style in its class is well above par. The car handles and performs well despite the number of cars in its class that may perform slightly better. The reality is, however, that very few cars can compare in this price range that offer a convertible and don't look as if they were built for your grandparents. The Eclipse is fun to drive, affordable and reliable. To me that is all that matters.

Bad Vehicle
By Car4me on 09/01/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had two of these cars and I would not recommend them. My first Eclipse was a 2002 Spyder and was constantly in the repair shop for mechanical problems. I thought I had a lemon so I traded it in on another Eclipse and I am having the same problems. My advice - do not buy an Eclipse Sypder, they are nothing but trouble.

Spyder
By tml on 05/28/05 16:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Handles well, rides well, runs well, nice support with leather driver seat. 5 speed shifts good and ratios are spaced well so you are not always shifting. My highway milage is consistently 31.2 mpg with the 4 cylinder. Better than rated average. Very little convertible quiver on rough roads. My golf bag fits in the trunk. Factory infinity stereo is very good. You can spend more but this is just an all around fun ride for the price. PS Would you media reviewers get over the back seat size. You not reviewing your dad's Buick.

Comfortable, smooth eye-turner
By alan kay on 05/26/05 17:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A luxurious ride for the money, with wonderful seats comparable to much more expensive cars I have owned, great stereo, ample power and smooth transmission. A little slow out of the blocks and a not-so-tight turning radius are my only complaints. Minimal wind sound. Economical, extremely dependable--not a rattle, nothing to have them fix on scheduled maintenance trips. And it looks great. Oh, EASY to use top with a glass window which has a defroster. All in all, luxury in looks, feel, drive, and dependability.

Love my Spyder
By Haley on 05/14/05 16:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When I turned 16 all I wanted was a GT Spyder Eclipse. Unfortunatly I didn't get my Spyder until I was almost 18. I did recive a car when I turned 16, it was not a spyder. When I did get the Spyder I have enjoyed it ever since... It is so much fun to drive, and it has just enough power to please me. I would recommend this car to anyone. It truly has been the car of my dreams!

New-used car
By Melissa on 04/30/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At first I wasn't keen on the idea of purchasing a convertible but once we had our first really nice day and I took it for a spin with the top down I LOVE IT. Although this car isn't practical if you have a family or do a lot of long distance traveling with other people over all in my opinion it's a eye catching fun little sports car that I'm sure will bring us many years of joyous fun.

By benz on 04/14/05 23:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The media will just not give this company any breaks. The public needs to know this car is not only fun and comfortable but it looks great and is VERY reliable. I have driven these vehicles since 1996 and have never had any problems.