Used 2010 Mercury Milan Premier Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercury Milan

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

Nice and refined-2010 base automatic
By skater69

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have the 2010 base automatic (there was no option to select this on Edmunds).
Bought the car used with 26K miles. Came with a nice sunroof, leather wrapped steering wheel, fog lights, SYNC..etc.
It's nice and comfortable to drive.
Quiet, great mileage, good power for a 4cyl, very nice cloth seats.
I really enjoy this car.

Handles well too but if you're looking for a sports sedan, I wouldn't go that far.

Just a really nice car in my opinion.
A steal for the price used.
Feels/looks like a classy ride.

sunroof sync (bluetooth) leather wrapped steering wheel comfortable seats/electronic controls for driver seat refined and quiet ride classy looks

The rearview is a little weird due to the slope above the rear seats. Also I have no exterior temperature read-out.

First FoMoCo product in many years
By winter2

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchase our 2010 Milan Premier as an executive car after my Jeep Liberty diesel lost a rod. Still fighting with Chrysler.

Overall, the Milan is surprisingly comfortable and quiet on the road.
Fuel economy is good getting in the upper 20's commuting and in the low 30's on long trips.

Engine power is adequate but lacks the torque of my Jeep (miss that).
Engine noise is very subdued while cruising.

Have had issues with Sync as the voice commands refused to work.
Three visits to the dealer plus a visit from a Ford engineer finally got it fixed (broken wire).

Fit and finish good be a bit better as some body panels are not aligned as well as they could be.

1. Seating: very comfortable. I do not feel tired even after driving all day. Wife has a bad back and the seats are perfect for her. 2. Ride: smooth and quiet even over coarse pavement. Solid body structure. 3. Handling: nice and twitchy the way I like it but steering is a bit numb. 4. Easy to service engine (except for the serpentine belt).

Even though the Milan is no longer being made, a small turbo diesel would be a good offering. Besides the fuel economy, the torque wqould be very welcome, something I miss from my Jeep Liberty CRD. Ford has some very good turbodiesels in Europe. It would not be that hard to adapt them for use here in the U.S.

I love my new 2010 Mercury Milan
By mj816

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, this is a great family car.
I traded in my SUV for better MPG.
It has a sleek interior (I have the two tone leather) and it is very luxurious.
I have the sync system and Sirius XM radio. My car comes with ambient lighting which I think my kids enjoy more than I do.
This car is the entire package and I'm sad that 2011 is the last year for Mercury.

Sync, XM radio, dual climate control, ambient lighting, interior design.

4 cyl is a bit slow when accelerating, but I was use to a V6 for the previous 3 years.

Very pleased
By gta

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Was leaning heavily toward Fusion but went for the Milan because I liked the exterior styling better. I've read the other reviews and it's all subjective, but imo this is a great car. The leather seats are probably the most comfortable bucket seats I've ever sat in, and with 8-way adjustable seats plus tilt and tele steering wheel, there should be a comfy seating position for everyone. The lumbar support helps a lot too. Mpg is good, I get around 28 in combo city-highway driving. Build quality appears good. Very quiet at 70 mph, zero wind noise with the windows up. A little more road noise than I would like, but not a major problem. A few minor gripes (see below) but I'd buy this car again.

Great seats. Good mpg for a large 4 cyl. Smooth shifts. Classy design. Roomy rear seats. Dual zone climate controls. Smooth quiet ride. Nimble handling. Good fit-and-finish. Fold- down passenger seat and rear seatbacks. Giant trunk. Despite Edmunds review, the steering feels solid and responsive.

Since there will be no more Mercurys, this is a moot point. But -- Speedo digits are hard to see in daylight. Center stack buttons too small, icons hard to read, and positioning could be better. High rear deck limits visibility somewhat from rear view mirror.

2010 Milan Premier
By thecbob

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded down from an F150 SuperCrew Lariat to save money, which I did. Even with a 4-cylinder, it handles well and gets great gas mileage. The driver seat is extremely uncomfortable, causing muscle pain on my commute to work. (one hour each way)In less than two months after purchase, it squeaks and rattles like a 30 year old car instead of a new one. I may be saving money, but I'm really starting to miss my truck.

The blind-spot detector is my favorite feature on this car. It has actually saved me from an accident. The Microsoft Synch is really handy for hands-free phone calls. Great feature.

More comfortable driver's seat. Tighter suspension.