2013 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
Is it a Prince or a Frog?
By rowner on 11/21/14 04:21 AM (PST)

2013 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I have been fortunate through the years to own a lot of premium sports cars and the SL was not one of them or even on my "Top 5" list. This time around, my "wants" changed, with comfort, amenities and room as a top priority. Because of the new SL's aluminum construction and bi-turbo V8, it was added as a possibility. After driving everything else out there, I finally drove a new SL. It's agility, raw power and amenities were surprising, but the exterior lines seemed disjointed. I bought the SL, added custom wheels and the rear factory spoiler and I am very pleased. These additions seem minor, but they changed the entire look of the car and I am pleased.

SL550 as every day driver
By carnut130 on 01/09/14 08:06 AM (PST)

The strength of the SL is that is sort of like a 2 passenger GT Touring luxury vehicle. Compares with Maserati, Jaguar XK, & BMW 650. This car is the peak of technology and easy to learn. Holds two tour golf bags in trunk with top up and one with top down. The negative is that the look is getting a little boring. Even though it is different from the 2012, it is only slightly different. Inside is major, outside is not. I ding the value on this car, not because it is not the best of its competition, which it is, but because they lose so much money the first year. Outside of that, the car does so much more than its competitor and does the more excellently.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible in VA is:

$161 per month*