2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
Mercedes R350
By jayw5 on 07/30/12 10:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes R350 is the worst car ever, visibility is poor but the car is very stable driving at high speeds. I purchased an extended warranty thinking that I was going to keep the car but I am rushing to get rid of it. The car only has 45,000 miles but have replaced the battery three times due to a faulty computer, and front shock @ 20,000 miles and the other front shock @ 40,000 miles. Each shock is $1,300 dollars, no mechanic want to touch it.

It's Not a Minivan
By Savage on 05/01/09 22:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Due to the growing size of our family a car that seated 6 or more was in order. We did not want a minivan, already had an SUV, wanted a wagon or something that drove more like a car for our long road trips to the beach. This Crossover gives everyone their own room and plenty of it with a nice smooth ride. Bought used and it was well worth the price (new was out of our league), plus it has the Warranty so Mercedes service fixes almost everything.

R-Class, Where you grow to after a van
By Heris on 07/17/08 05:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My title says it all. The R-Class is the vehicle you grow to after the kids are too big for a van anymore. Teens now drive, they're too cool and big to be climbing in a van and this is just perfect. There's room for the drums and trips to the warehouse stores. It's not too tall so you don't get dirty getting stuff out of the back. It's better than a modern wagon. It's better than a van. It's better than I could ever imagine. Mercedes Benz is right on for the people that this was designed for but missing the marketing boat! They really need to interview some of us late 40's crowd. Have hand issues? Weak wrists? Carpal tunnel? You'll love how you shift gears in this jet. Lightly tap a button!

Got what I was looking for
By NSIM on 04/11/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We were looking for a vehicle which could accommodate a 6 member family. Test drove most of the vehicles and finally ended up on the best one. We just love the class and comfort of Mercedes. Though I am bit skeptical about the Merc's notorious reliability, everything is fine so far. It's absolutely quiet inside and got decent accelaration for such a heavy vehicle. Overall I give it a 95% score

I love my R-Class
By Dorthy S. on 03/16/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My previous car was an E350 MB. While I loved the handling and styling of the car, I chose the R-class for the room and seating capacity. However I was also surprised with the way the car handles and I really love the styling. I pretty much leave the rear seats down but I like knowing that they are available if needed. I love how long the cargo space is with the 2nd row laid down for extra room If I need to haul longer items. Right now with the great lease and retail programs they have on the R- class, it makes it a great value.

Excellent Vehicle for Our Needs
By RPC on 03/12/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We had a Mecedes wagon with a rear seat but were looking for a vehicle with a larger interior. We also waited for the 2008 that created a 3 person seat in the second row. This vehicle has been everything my wife has wanted and she can handle its size even in tight locations. She loves to drive it. I happen to like to drive it as well. With all the SUVs on the road and having two younger children, we feel much safer in this vehicle, even over the MB wagon. The long wheel base makes for a very smooth drive and ride (even in the 3rd seat that two adults can sit comfortably in). This is definitely a vehicle worth test driving! It will make you strongly consider it as a purchase option.

We love our well-kept secret
By MSS on 03/07/08 14:35 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I practically stumbled across this car when I decided to check out the MB lot just for the heck of it one day. We had been looking closely at the GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave, but I was blown away by the interior size, comfort and luxury touches of this vehicle. Our R class includes fantastic features such as the backup camera, panorama roof (awesome), 6 CD changer, Sirius radio for 6 months, and the 7 seat option. The car rides very well and the torque makes up for what the HP lacks. Although I should say with three kids, I want exactly looking for massive power -- more for interior space and three rows of seats, which the R class has in spades.

If you have car seats
By Plano, TX- Mom on 11/25/07 07:04 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We came across the R350 when looking at the GL450. We have two car seats but needed a 3rd row periodically when my parents are staying with us. You can only access the third row from the passenger side in the GL (and most SUV's)which is difficult for my parents. We then looked at the R350 and you can access the rear row even with car seats in the 2nd row,from both sides. The 3rd row are real seats and have very good leg room and child seat anchors if needed. The ride & handling of the car are very good. We also got the P2 package which gave us some great options, mem seats, nav, HK stereo, hands free phone(w/bluetooth) etc. After looking at 6 vehicles, we are thrilled with the R350.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.