ML350 Disappointment
By Alex Spielhagen on
2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
My new ML 350 now has 1000 miles on the clock. 600 of those miles came from traveling to the dealer to have the " check engine" trouble light checked out. Apparently fuel management system and the emissions control system contains unreliable components.Presently I am waiting for new parts.A factory recall for exchange of power steering hose clamps was installed also. I very much looked forward to driving a Mercedes again. I owned a 230 for 15 years and a 280E for 3 years. They were great cars. Pity that the marque has fallen so much.I am afraid that I will not have any confidence that I can take this truck on a long distance trip.Bloody shame..
Favorite Features
Low gear. All wheel drive. Handling in tight spaces. Stereo. Seats are very good,one needs to get used to the built in lumbar support.
Suggested Improvements
change cruise control to on wheel controls, ditto stereo controls.Change the air circulation control light from red to green to indicate that outside air is indeed cut off and air is being recirculated in the truck.