2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
great car and keeps runnning
By maizeandblue23 on 12/21/13 21:08 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have 120,000 miles on the ML. Its a safe, big interior with huge trunk and handles very well.

its been great
By katana1127 on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

bought brand new and my 2nd ml320. no major issues so far, handles great rain or snow. would buy another.

Great car!
By Tina on 06/01/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

8 years- the car looks brand new. Leather in a perfect condition. All electronics work great! Never had any problems with the car. Fun to drive! I love it.

My mechanic loves me!
By veryave on 04/05/10 08:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my truck with about 70k miles in 2007. I have had nothing but trouble from this vehicle since i had it. Brakes go way too often, i have had to get some kind of rod replaced because it was making a crazy noise, also leaking in car, also alternator went and trans is starting to go and a few other repairs that were all fairly costly. when the truck is right its a great but ride but so many troubles make it not the purchase. my mechanic is a German car specialist and he flat out said these trucks are flat out headaches waiting to happen!

3 Years and Still Running Well
By lshelmir on 11/22/09 17:58 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the ML as a replacement to a '99 Range Rover, to get me through college, and after driving for 3 Years, I feel that it can go for at least 10 more, the car is doing well. I feel safe driving it anywhere, and like the styling. I haven't had any major mechanical problems, only minor things such as the battery, and brakes. The radio is better than some, but worse than others. The storage is great, I love having the 10 airbags, heater rest mode is a life saver in the winter. Drive quality is good, and reliability is unparalleled. Parts can be costly, but it is a Mercedes. However to tell the truth, I do miss the Rover, it felt more solid, both on dry road, as well as in the snow.

No Lemon Here
By HappyWithMine on 06/22/09 21:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Despite so many negative reviews of the ML-class, our experience with this vehicle since purchasing it new has been one of trouble free driving. While it's true that some of the plastic interior materials are of lower quality than one would expect from Mercedes Benz, the fit and finish of the vehicle has been excellent. I really have no complaints about this SUV. It has always started; the AC is perfect; no electrical issues; the drive train is sound; the chassis is solid and squeak-free. Perhaps we've just been lucky, but after 65,000 miles this Benz has been at least as reliable as my old Mitsubishi Montero...which was the best car I've ever owned.

Gets better with age
By Happy ML on 04/11/09 21:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Initial experience during the first 4 years of ownership was mixed, in and out of the dealership for various warranty repairs this was offset by the MB loan cars and MB USA extending my warranty for another 4 years. So far, the truck has been trouble free for the last three years. I recommend using ceramic brake pads, it last twice as long. I will likely keep this truck until for a few more years.

Piece of Junk
By disappointedguy on 06/02/07 18:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it from my sister with very low mileage and extremely well maintained. Now I refer to this poorly built SUV as a "Piece of Junk!" It is plauged with problems. I have had interior parts falling off and breaking, sun roof deflectors broke and looking at the cheap plastic used in the build really disappointed me. Then the brake fluid drum breaks. Makes funny noises when driving and recently jerks badly when stopping at a light. Now a paint sealant or something seems to be peeling off at the back and dealer wants $500 a pop since I have run out of warranty! If anybody is intrested in filing a law suit, please count me in!

Awesome Dream Truck!
By 1cna1 on 09/01/06 09:06 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy owning this truck. After all of the reaserch I have done on it, I finally found the one that suited my needs.

So far...So good
By Jimbob on 01/04/06 07:33 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Not really that powerful, but economical, despite the premium fuel demand. Avg mpg 17/21. No cost maintenence (warranty). No cost repair (even light bulbs and wiper blades). Ride could be softer. Seats could use lumbar. The heater will roast you and the AC will keep you cool. Sun roof, power rear wing windows...Why? I replaced the brake pads at 20K for ceramic, no wear. If the car is parked for 3 days, the security system drains the battery dies. Video system...Why? Would I buy another? No...initial cost, but then, the 2006 model has been very nicely upgraded!!! ;-)