2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

GL350 BlueTEC 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )
Goodbye Audi
By Dan on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Diesel GL350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I had been driving an Audi a8l (2007) and a Ford escape hybrid (2008) I wanted to consolidate to 1 vehicle--it needed to be an upscale, fuel efficient, and fairly large SUV (I haave 3 dogs and no way were they getting into the Audi). I found that in 3 years my Audi had taken a $58,000 depreciation hit! Still I liked the q7 tdi, and had never owned a Mercedes--I was so put out by Audi, that I went across the street and fell in love with the gl 350 bluetec. Its sumptuous and amazingly comfortable interior, quiet, quiet ride, beautiful rear visibility and increased cargo over the q7 sold me. I love this car! I give it a thumbs up and [violative content deleted] to Audi!

2011 GL 350 Bluetec
By Atlanta North on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

We just recently moved from a 2008 GL 320 CDI to the 2011 GL 350 Bluetec. The fit and finish and additional sound insulation in the 2011 are very noticeable. There are some nice feature upgrades from 2008 to 2011 such as bluetooth, voice control, HD radio etc. MB has definitely taken a step forward on what was already a great vehicle. The larger 20" tires on the '11 are definitely nicer than the 18" on the '08. We loved our previous GL and look forward to even better experience with our '11. In fact already the fuel economy seems slightly improved which was already impressive for such a large vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Diesel in VA is:

$158 per month*