2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: They just keep making them bet

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

They just keep making them better
By poppy42 on

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2008 E350 Sport for a 2012 E350 Sport primarily to get the more fuel efficient engine and an updated Command System.
The Command System is a huge improvement; but I have been somewhat disappointed in the fuel efficiency.
The EPA projected a 25% improvement (16/24 vs 20/30), but I have seen just a 10% improvement.
Mind you, 19/29 in normal driving is not to be laughed at, but not what I expected.
On a 1700 mile road trip which included several hundred miles of mountain driving, I did average 31.7 mpg.
I would say that this car is more comfortable than the 2008.
This is my fourth E Class and they just keep getting better.

The Command System is light years ahead of the previous version. I love the voice command. Keyless Go is an option that I might not have chosen had I purchased the car new, but after using it for a little over a month I find it truly convenient.

The peddle "feel" on Mercedes brakes is a great mystery to me. Each Mercedes I have owned has had a slightly different feel than the previous, but none has the very positive feel of my wife's 2010 XC90 nor the BMWs I had owned. My best description is that Mercedes brakes are good but quirky.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review