Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Amazing Car
By Nickinday

A car you will love

Handling, Power, Gadgets, No B pillar

Its pretty perfect the new replacement E coupe looks great but lacks the comfort.

Classy, smooth power
By Tom

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This my fourth pre-owned M-B (got it last month with 35K miles). The timeless design is head-turning and will look great decades from now. The V8 rumble is music to the ears at any RPM. I am still getting used the the awesome torque and horsepower even though I once had an E420 (there was a Honda Element between these two M-Bs, so I guess that explains that). Just starting it in the garage puts a smile on my face. The lack of B-pillars gives the car an almost convertible feel with windows down and the moonroof open, yet there is not a hint of wind noise when all is closed up. The build quality is and driving experience is solid, top- notch, and always enjoyable.

Seamless, smooth power with decent fuel economy, muscular exhaust note, and great handling yet still with a smooth ride. The thing that hands you the seat belt is so cool, and always amuses passengers. I can't help but say "Thank you James" every time, as if talking to a butler.

The Bose sound system is only so-so, and I think this was addressed in later year models.

CLK 500
By Voila

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been excellent from day one. The 500 has excellent horse power and the fuel economy is good for me, The design is excellent! You can tell they really thought this model through. Very comfortable. The car handles well and especially with the sport package. My car has the black with cream interior. Other colors I would consider is the silver, and the navy. Stay away from red and white colors for this car.

Navigation, the famous cup-holder, the back seats have roll down windows and 2 cup holders, the back seats hold 2 adults. The back window shade is great for traveling down here in the south. The heated seats are excellent. I like the instrument cluster's coloring.

The keyless should be push start. The keyless it has now is not strong, you have to be really close to the car for it to work. I think that's it. The navigation maps (updated) should display like google maps, imo.

A Dangerous Beast on the road.
By charles

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I don't know what others are talking about when they give bad reviews about the CLK 500. Maybe they just bought one that had not been taken care of. My CLK 500 hurts a lot of drivers feelings on the interstate. The power is awesome and the luxury features meet the standard. However there is the cheap plastic trim above the door that evryone talks about, but you show me a perfect car with no deficiencies. My car has 19' chrome wheels with 265/30's in the rear & 235/35 in the front. It definitely looks intimidating. It almost takes the fastest 5-series BMW to make me sweat a little.

The purr in the engine and keyless go. Also the seat belts that are handed to you once you close the door, and one more thing, the instrument panel. It took me three days to learn the car and all of it's potential.

The car is way too costly and quick to have a speed governor set for 135mph. I want to take it to at least 145mph. It's a BENZ for God's sake!

The 2nd Benz
By CityBoy3

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This CLK is the best one I've ever driven, even though it's my sister's she let's me drive it alot I love the way it hanldes the curves and I love flying through the corners, this make me wanna trade in my 1995 500SL. This CLK has a 302hp- V8 and I just love how it purs, anyone who says they don't like it doesn't know luxury.

I love the Bose stereo system it sound so clear, I also the love the auto- dimming side mirrors, and back window shade

What is there 2 improve???