Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

2012 MB C250 Coupe (CPO)
By ezshift5

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C250 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

6 months/2500 miles ago I drove home from the dealer. Using the CPO approach, my cost was 2/3 the original owner's cost. Fuel efficiency (29 MPG since purchase), Reliability (Zero problems to date) and design (Both the exterior and the interior really appeal to this sailor. And that is part of my reason to buy this car. The other reason was CR ratings for the 2012 C250. IIRC, all red dots really got my attention.

Favorite Features

See above

Suggested Improvements

Turn indicator/cruise control placement (No longer an interference problem on subsequent year models......

2012 C350 Coupe
By oh2ny98

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My GMC 4WD Envoy was approaching 10 years and 125,000 miles and it was time for something different, much different! After months of research, a visit to the annual auto show, and many test drives later, I purchased this beauty! I was looking for the same thrill when getting behind the wheel that I experienced years ago with my 1999 RX-7. This car comes close - given that it's an automatic. It fits me like a glove, looks great, and drives like it's on a rail! Excellent build quality (except for a few rattles from the rear shelf deck) and a blast to drive, I'm always disappointed when I reach my destination! Would I buy it again after having driven it for 9,000 miles? You bet I would!

Favorite Features

The smooth and immediate response of the V6 - maneuvering around slower traffic on the highway is effortless and puts a smile on my face every time! And for those unanticipated moves of fellow drivers, this car's braking capacity is phenomenal! The Harman Kardon sound system is a must have and the Keyless Go is a pretty slick feature that I now must have in every car going forward. Same for the Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist. But the Attention Assist is simply uncanny in its ability to detect drowsiness - the coffee cup and accompanying warning lit up within 2 minutes of my thought that it was time to pull over for a cup of coffee while on a 750 mile journey to NY. No kidding!

Suggested Improvements

While the rear view camera has no doubt kept my rear bumper scratch free when parking, it would be just as nice to have a front view camera. I'm sure it would have saved me $2,000 in damages (on 2 separate occasions) to the front bumper when parking, and right rocker panel and rear wheel when driving through my bank's automated deposit lane! Remember I drove a high-sitting SUV for 10 years prior and the view out of my Mercedes is quite a bit different and much more restrictive in parking lots and such.

Good, could be great
By edw99

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C350 4MATIC 2dr Coupe AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have has this car for 8mo/8K mi and overall I'm pleased, but there are a few things holding it back from being truly exceptional. The car is stunning. It looks like a much higher end model than the rest of the C-class. I get people stopping me all the time. It is also the most comfortable highway car I have ever been in. The ride is dialed in perfectly for highway commuting, it gobbles up miles by the hundreds in quiet, ease, and refinement. It is not without it's problems however. I have had many interior quality problems, a persistently squealing brake problem, and frankly, it's not all that sporty to drive. If you can tune out creaks and rattles, this will still be a great car for you.

Favorite Features

Styling is fantastic. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I have stood in my garage and stared at it. Extremely comfortable. Great grand tourer. Engine is VERY smooth and refined, all the way to redline. Good tech features, bluetooth, ipod connectivity, sat radio, sat nav all work great. Blindspot monitoring system works so well, I may never buy another car without it (this car does have some rear-quarter visibility issues). 4matic is brilliant, car feels extremely well planted.

Suggested Improvements

Have had A LOT of problems with rattles. To date have had to fix rattles from: nav screen, instrument cluster, glove box, rear deck, driver door speaker, passenger door, center console, front dash speaker, and a new one from the pano roof which has yet to be addressed. I also have a loud creak from the center console when I corner with any speed. It's like driving a styrofoam cooler. This sort of quality problems are unacceptable from a $51k car (or a $25k for that matter). Transmission very slow to downshift, better in sport mode but defaults back to economy every time you start it. Beautiful car, great ride quality, great tech, but would not buy again because of the interior quality.

C350 Coupe Hits the Mark ..... Almost
By linksman22

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Ordered my C350 Coupe in November and took delivery in February 2012. I love my coupe and I have not seen another one in Dallas as they are pretty rare. I must say, lots of heads turn and take a look when I drive by. The overall build quality inside and out feels very solid. I tested both the C250 and C350 and the C350 is far superior in handling and performance. I would not have been happy with the C250. The performance quality is slightly lacking versus the 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe that I replaced, but the build quality feel and high end electronics make up for that shortfall. Biggest disapointment is the seats which differ from the sedan. They are very firm and uncomfortable.

Favorite Features

Interior is really nice and the materials are high-quality. Navigation, bluetooth, and stereo system interface is top notch and easy to use. A must have that is standard on the C350. To doors feel really solid and the keyless entry is really cool and a must have option. Acceleration in sport mode is great, but you have to give the computer system a couple of minutes to learn your driving patterns before it really gets into gear. (crazy technology) My first MB and it just feels kind of special. All-in-all a solid step up from my G35 Coupe when balancing all the puts and takes. Pure performance and seat comfort goes to Infiniti .. all else to MB.

Suggested Improvements

C350 Coupe seats are too firm and can be uncomfortable. They are also very narrow so be sure and pay attention during your test drive to make sure you fit well in the seats. I am 6'0 / 195 and it is a firm fit.

wow what a car
By nomoremustang

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

sold my Mustang as soon as I drove the C350 Coupe. The C350 coupe is fast, nimble and very fun to drive. Interesting how this model is in very short supply. I have already been offered $5k more than I paid for it. I love the technology in this vehicle.