Mercedes is back!
By GermanCarFan on
2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)
This car is a tank. It's as solid as any car I've owned, and that includes every make except Chrysler, including a couple BMWs, an Audi, and two E Class sedans. It's not a BMW and shouldn't be compared to one. It's more of a traditional car than a 3 series, which sits lower and feels more compact. The styling is crisp, and the C Class is the best looking Benz in my opinion. The interior takes a lot of hits in the car magazines. I don't understand why. It's executed beautifully, with lots of soft-touch surfaces and understated German solidity. It's not a Lexus, so don't expect baby bottom-soft leather and gaudy wood tones. If you buy a Mercedes, appreciate it for what it is.
Favorite Features
Others may bemoan this feature, but the cruise control stalk is the best in the business. It's effortless to use. And, once you get used to that, you'll find that the turn signal is in exactly the right place. I feel safe in this car, and I am based on the latest government crash ratings.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage would be nice, but considering the weight of the car with 4-matic, it's not bad. I'm averaging 22-23 in mixed driving. The driving position is a tad high, even with the seat in the lowest position. The speedometer and turn signals aren't visible with the steering wheel lowered.