1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2.8L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 150,000 and just like new

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

150,000 and just like new
By Certified car nut on

1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

I bought this from a perfectionist and it is like new. I am a retired master tech and minor repair issues to me may seem major to anyone who has to pay for the repairs. This is a sport edition that runs like an AMG, I took it out late one night and at 150 mph decided to back out. I took my hands off of the wheel and it was as if I was at 25 mph. I hit the brakes hard and the antilock worked great down to stop. The handling is spot on. In twenty years it is still a Mercedes, in the same class as a Vett, Porsche, etc. Interior is like new. No rattles squeaks etc. if you ride in it and close your eyes and you will know that you are in a new merc. I would buy an other in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

Original paint is still like new. Performs like my Porsche but does not attract unwanted attention from vandals. No wind noise. Everything is still like new @ 150,000 mi. The quality is apparent throughout. I won't buy a new one until this one wears out. The sport suspension is a real plus.

Suggested Improvements

Have dealership parts dept read the service bulletins in regards to key replacement. They will tell you that you can't have a second person pick up a replacement, when the official Benz policy states otherwise. I had to drive 260 miles to order a new key, then another 260 mi. to get it.