Best car I have ever owned
By rex on
1993 Mazda Protege DX 4dr Sedan
i needed a car to hold me over for a few months. i bought it off a little old lady that literally just drove it to church on sundays. i asked if she had any problems with it, she said never. i have had it for nearly 4 years and the only thing that i have done to it is new tires, brakes, and a battery. it always starts. i was out of town for several months through the dead of the winter and when i got back, i got in and started it... you would never have known that it had just been sitting outside for that long in all the elements. i now have 130k on it and it is still strong... my mechanic said i should get 200k before i will have to do anything to it. i recommend the 93 protege very highly!
Favorite Features
i actually like the fact that i used to take my friends to the shop to get their volvos and bmw's fixed and their regular bills are 1200, which is what i paid for my mazda. i like the automatic seatbelts, i will never get a ticket for not having my seatbelt on, unless i am in somebodies elses car
Suggested Improvements
i noticed the paint on this year of mazda seems to really oxidize, i did have it repainted. i also am having air conditioning issues, which seems to be pretty common as well.