2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: First New MX-5 Miata, but not

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

First New MX-5 Miata, but not first MX-5
By caolsen on

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My experience with Miatas has been racing and autocrossing Spec Miatas. The legendary build quality and sheer tossability of these cars makes them so much fun. The addition of the Power Top finally made this an option as a daily driver with on street parking being my norm. So when it was time for a new car, the MX-5 Miata was it. The car has the same zoom zoom-gist that I've loved in my other Mazdas. The Suspension package and DSC system on the GT models means that with the addition of snow tires and cheap rims, this will be the daily driver unless the snow is over the lugs. And with the top down and stereo on, you can't beat it for cheap therapy after a long, hard day at work.

The Power Hard top is a must for daily drivers. Also, the re-fresh for the 2010 does make a difference in the style. The steering is so responsive as to be silly on a car in the price range. Better than a Corvette Z06 for my money. But that is what you get for a wheelbase the size of a hamster.

The cup holders, when filled with cups, do get in the way of shifting. And I have to admit the between the seats cubby does feel plastic-cheap. Cover that in leather next time.