Fun! Fun! Fun! Economical! Oh and Fun!
By James on
2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I used to own a 04 RX-8 which was a total blast to drive. So I was very happy to discover the fun factor is even better with the MX-5! The RX-8 was fast and agile but so too is the MX-5, it just doesn't have all the stress raising quirks of the RX-8! Like poor gas mileage, thirst for oil, and Hot interior due to the hot nature of a rotary engine. The MX-5 seems every bit as quick and is very agile! I love the sound of the engine, quick shifts, and solid road feel! The Bose sound system is terrific and adjusts automatically to compensate for ambient noise top up or down. The feel behind the wheel is fantastic! The dash layout is classic european sports car, I love turn indicator placement!
Favorite Features
The Power Retractable Hard Top. All the fun of a ragtop, but with the security and all weather protection of a fixed top! It is also more quiet with the top up than the cloth top. Also the Advanced Entry System is pretty cool, you just keep the credit card sized unit in you pocket, no key needed!
Suggested Improvements
A padded center consol would be better than the pretty much useless center cup holders. Map pockets in the doors would also be welcomed.