1993 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
mpv
By Tom on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

Probably made better then the newer minivans with all the problems aka transmission failures. It is an older vehicle so what can you expect right. At start up it runs very rough and there is a clicking noise coming from the engine. It is hard starting at times and then it is fine. It isn't very good on gas that's for sure. The slow opening back door is annoying. You need really long arms to reach the controls feels like its a strain to push the buttons. The far back seat is not removable. Lacks power going up hills. Built better then today's vehicles that are made to fall apart.

Very Dependable!
By MCK on 11/09/07 22:34 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

Great family vehicle, wonderful to travel long distance in. Fits a lot of people. Dependable and really reliable. Not the prettiest van out there, but the van does have some pick up and go :)

Can't Part With It
By humansvcsgypsy on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

I bought it 8 months ago and have already put as much into repairs as I paid for it. It had 146,000 then and over 153,000 now. Rebuilt the front end (steering), replaced 18 valve- lifters (3 per cylinder), had a minor transmission problem--and I can't part with it. Excellent build quality-- everything works! Great sound system. Drives like a breeze. Size is a plus.

Poorly Maintained and Still Runs!
By Cosmic Dave on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

I've had a few problems, including burning the tranny twice, timing belt failure, and a tricky connection in the starting system (if I drive it hard for an extended period then turn off the engine for a short period, like at a convenience store, when I go to restart it I either have to jiggle the shifter or simply open then close the hood to get it started. I've also the paint is peeling on the rear hatch,but considering how poorly I maintain it and how much I drive it I think it's great! I can't wait to buy a brand new one and drive it into the ground, but I haven't been able to kill this one yet!

transmissions! why did I buy one more?!
By Johnston on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

I love the style, unlike the other reviewers. We got rid of our first MPV due to transmission problems, got another one, and had to get a new transmission at 100K. Dealers all seem to know that MPVs have troubled transmissions. Why didn't I know before? I loved the way it looked, drove, everything but the fear of transmission problems. glad to trust Toyotas/Hondas these days.

Could,'t be better
By James M.J. on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

I was schedule to sell this one for it has transmission problem a few days ago. but I changed my mind. Because it's the first trouble since I purchased. It's almose 140,000 but still too reliable. It doesn't look sexy or fantastic at all and I want to buy new nice recent vehicle. but it never fail..so sometime, I'm tired to drive this any more.. It looks so ugly to me but too reliable.

MPV rocks
By Eddy Van on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

good van, started to have the usual trouble with breakdowns after 115,000 miles...very reliable

An amazing vehicle
By DieHard on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

This is a great vehicle and has been a pleasure to own. Almost 10 years old, 184,000+ km and only had to do routine repairs. Timing chain 2 summers ago, water pump just a couple of months ago. Other than that... all is great. Currently in process of selling this one to buy a brad new one.

Ugly duckling keeps on Rolling
By Rob123 on 03/15/02 11:40 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

My MPV may not be the greatest to look at but it just keeps on going. The one weak spot seems to be the starter engine. Other than that, a great vehicle.