2014 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: This is the compact car you're

2014 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

This is the compact car you're looking for
By eserna on

2014 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The 2014 Mazda 3 is an eye-catching car. That's enough to get you in the door. Once you sit down and take it for a spin, you realize there's not much reason to look at the competition. It's fun to drive, loaded with tech at your discretion, good on gas, and, oh yeah, it's the best looking car in its class. I purchased the i-touring sedan in Soul Red with the technology package, and I couldn't be happier. With over a thousand miles on it already, I've been averaging a shade over 35mpg overall in mostly highway driving, with a couple more conscientious drives hitting the magic 40mpg mark. While the price may be a shade higher than others in its class, consider it enjoyment tax.

Handling - So sharp, I want to take every curve at least 15 mph faster than I should. Seats - Very comfy and nicely bolstered on the sides. Engine - Never again do we have to sacrifice performance for fuel economy. With the high compression engine, even the 2.0L engine is zippy enough for daily driving while still sipping gas. Tech Package - Infotainment works great, especially with the commander knob, which can be operated without ever looking down. Bose sound system is fantastic and deserves to be cranked up. Side Mirrors - Nice, big mirrors. Angled properly, they make the blind spot monitor almost redundant (although it's a great reminder!)

Make it do my laundry and clean my house while I sleep so I can spend more time driving it. Road and wind noise could be reduced, but with the Bose speakers rocking, who can hear it anyways? Free map updates for three years is great, but can't we go longer, like forever?
By krisskross
on 01/27/14 21:48 PM (PST)

I have no idea how you manage to get 40 mpg or even to the 35. The highest i seen on mine so far is 32.5 mpg, but other than that slight annoyance, I think this car is awesome.