2002 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
I love it, but it's cursed
By Kristy on 07/09/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Keep in mind, I have bought it with 178,000 miles on it at a very good price. Nothing but problems so far. I have barely been able to drive it. The transmission was bad. Replaced rack and pinions, all front control arms, hydraulic fan, hydraulic pump, power steering pump, and driver's side window regulator. I'm hoping after the control arms are replaced I will be able to finally drive it. Plus, my air bag light is on. Also, my check engine light is on due to a leak in a HVac hose somewhere. All I say is keep up with the maintenance on this car.

Good looking, comfortable cruiser
By bigpoppa on 12/03/09 14:21 PM (PST)

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 02' V8 in May of 09'. Only 58k on the odometer at the time, and the previous owners seemed to take good mechanical care of it. It is a great looking car! Shine it up and take it for a cruise on a sunny afternoon and it still turns a few heads. Clean lines and a classic "Euro" look means it has aged very well, compared to something like the CTS. I find the ergonomics/levels of comfort perfect for my 6'2" figure, but as others have said, the interior materials need more refinement. The ride is smooth on most surfaces, but gets uncomfortable over rough pavement. Performance is good, can't go wrong with the ol' V8/RWD setup. Fast depreciation makes for a good used value.

Good Car - Great Value
By GUT on 07/19/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

As my 2nd LS, the 2002 has been a workhorse. I have had it for seven years, now, and never had many problems with it. The electrical system has had its problems, over the years, but it has always been underr warranty and never been a severe problem. For those who bought a 5- series BMW, you could have saved your money and had a better vehicle. I would buy it again, if Ford hadn't stopped making them! In case you are wondering why the American auto manufacturers can't survive - look no further than this decision!

What a dissapointment!
By John on 07/10/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I was so happy when i purchased my LS because i always admired the car since Lincoln introduced the car in 2000, but that would be short lived. The LS has major issues! After a month of ownership, i had to pay $450 to replace the multi-function switch because my signal lights were acting up. Second, i had a engine misfire (which is a common problem on this vehicle) had to replace 3rd coil, all spark plugs and both value covers which cost $1100. Last, my airbag light came on and it cost another $1000 to repair. I took the car to the Ford dealership for service and repair. After 1 year ownership of the vehicle, i had to pay $2500 in non- maintance repair. Stay Away from Ford/Lincoln and the LS.

My LS
By Lincoln JC on 04/27/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the LS V8 three years ago and loved it in the begining. Start by saying I will never by a lincoln LS again. With a small block V8 didnt think the milage would be this horrible. The K&N filter did help out with more horse power and gas milage. Had to return the car the first week I had it cause of faulty power packs whatever replaced the spark plugs. That cost the dealer over 500 dollars. Transmission is HORRIBLE! after the warrenty company replaced it with brand new trans. Im still having problems. Cost me over 700 to replace alternator. 1200 in tires and window brackets 280 for only one door I have yet to replace the second rear window. would not recommend the Lincoln LS people.

I LOVE IT BUT I WILL HAVE TO MOVE ON
By KELLYMC on 04/27/09 12:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I must say that I love love love my car. It is stunning to look at and comming from a background of sports cars it is a super fun car to drive. Heads turn when people see this car comming down the road. There is a huge "but" in the midst of all of the things I love about this car! I have had to replace the window motor on the drivers side twice and the passenger side once. I have had gaskets replaced, coils 1,3,5 & 8 replaced and still have 4 more to go but can only get them replaced as they go out. The sun roof leaks but the crazy twist is that it fills up the pocket on the passenger door! I truly hate to get rid of the car but the repair costs are killing me!!!!!

I hate my car. Ready to trade in
By I HATE MY LS on 02/16/09 17:23 PM (PST)

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 02 LS V8 three years ago and have had nothing but problems and costly repairs. It is a nice car to look at but is not worth the hassle.. Every part including tires are pricey. I will never by a Ford/Lincoln again. Gas mileage is bad. If thinking about buying one, do not!

I love my Lincoln LS
By WJS on 09/09/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2004 and it had 20,000 miles on it. I have loved it since the day I bought it. It is sporty and is so pretty when it is all cleaned up. The V-8 makes for wonderful performance. I've looked on the internet and find that some new 6 cylinders don't get the mpg that I do with this one. (19 in the city and 26 on the highway)

The car is not bad
By Kyie on 08/24/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is beautiful inside and out. Always receives compliments. Here are my gripes: just like eveone else is saying, the lenses get foggy. The transmission works, but it shifts like something is wrong with it. This car is not made to be serviced by the owner. No way to check the tranny fluid or replenish the a/c without bringing it to the dealership. Its hard to find a service manual as well. Last but not least, the radio contols on the steering wheel sometimes malfunction. I would never pay top dollar for the car, but if the price is right, good deal.

One Nagging Problem
By JOHN on 08/21/08 09:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great car to drive, and reasonably trouble free except for the coil on plug ignition packs and valve cover gaskets. Ford will only replace the coil as they go bad and I've replaced 6 or the 8 under the extended warranty at $100 a pop. Ford refuses to fix the leaking gaskets unless the owner specifically complains and even then they will only fix the side where the coil goes bad even if both sides leak. '03 and '04 models have a CSP from Ford extending warranty to 10yr./100000 mi. Owners of the '01 and '02 LS's need to start complaining to Ford. I hear that the V-6 also has this problem.