Lives up to high expectations
By Dave on
2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
With 5,000 miles on the car now, I'm averaging about 28mpg. The lowest tank average occurred driving through the mountains on vacation with a loaded car at about 25 mpg and I have gotten around 30mpg on normal driving around town. I had very high expectations for this car when I chose to buy it and it has really beaten my expectations with pure comfort, exceptional ride quality and enough technical gadgetry to keep me occupied on long drives. It certainly is not a sports car, but for it's size, the handling is very good and the engine and CVT transmission is a perfect match. I also live in a very dark area and the adaptive headlights are bright and extremely helpful at night.
Favorite Features
Hybrid drive, amazingly quiet cabin, seat comfort, adaptive headlights, ventilated seats, NavTraffic (got me out of a mess on I-95 driving home on vacation), intelligent key, power rear hatch, entertainment options (XM, USB, etc)
Suggested Improvements
To suggest anything really would be picky, but in this price range, much of the competition offers a panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, etc. It would be nice to see these features as options.