Used 1994 Lexus LS 400 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By birdman63

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my LS 400 Anniversary Edition Oct 2013 with only 47k from a 70 year old lady who bought it brand new. The car was still in showroom new condition with every option available and shows hardly any wear. This car drives like a dream and turns more heads than my 2013 Nissan 370Z. You guessed it, the Z is spending a lot of time in the garage. The only problem is the instrument cluster not lighting up until the car warms up so I know the car has a more miles on it than the odometer shows but I'm not worried because I will never, ever, ever, ever sell this gem.. I have contacted the guy on EBAY that repairs them and will be getting it to him soon. What the heck...I paid $6500 for it.

Owner since she was born in 1994
By sinatra49

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This baby still gets looks! I Leased it brand new and purchased her outright after the lease was up. Fabulous vehicle. A little tight inside but she's still a rocket when need-be with just 35k on her. The leather is starting to dry out and the seams are splitting in spots but she's a beauty. I only let the folks at Lexus service her and am asked every time if I'd like to sell her.."no shot"!. I've been through dozens of new vehicles over the years but this one still remains in my driveway like a showpiece in a museum. Am I in love with this car?....You can bet your Mercedes..Just her and I forever!

The power generated, when asked, is incredible. Radio could have been a little more upscale but i guess for 1994 it was top of the line. Good sound. The handling is tremendous. The quicknes in responding even at 18 years of age is as good as the high end new models I'm sure. I love the sightlines from the drivers seat. The trunk load CD player keeps roving eyes out of the interior space.

The gas tank seems a little out of place on the right side. The rear seating space is not that comfortable and therefore doesn't have many amenities.

Still running strong
By nadolap

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Just bought Mine and purrs like a kitten with the roar of a lion when needed. Smooth comfortable power, seats a little uncomfortable. electronic issues but did research found great affordable repairs or instructions. Dash lights don't come on when cold, can mail instrument cluster to a gentleman on EBAY $95, dealership wanted $1200, reverse light out sensor stayed on apply brake and reverse light lighted up, 40 cent repair wires broke near left trunk hinge (white and red from opening closing trunk) 16 years old and love it!

Stereo Sound, quite powerful comfortable ride

Seats! mine is gold added tint to windows I think it accents the gold nicely

1994 LEXUS LS400
By 1994 Lexus LS400

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this LS in Oct '97 with 38K miles on it. Has 161K in 2010. Best car I've ever owned! At 116K - Traction Control needed replacement. At 160K -- problems with power steering and rear suspension. BUT -- that was it for 13 great years! Smooth, quiet, got 27 MPG on 2500 mile Midwest road trip!

Quiet ride, reliability

CD should be in dash, not trunk.

Impressed!
By Dana

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 180,000 miles and I can say that it really doesn't know it has this many miles on it! I've owned cars that after hitting 70- 80 mph, the steering wheel would start to vibrate. Not this Lexus. I've hit 90 and it runs so smoothly! WoW! I've heard rumors of the engine lasting up to 400-500K. I may, just may test this out! I'm already half- way there! expected problems include A/C display burned out, dash lights stay dark when cold, then comes back on when car warms up.(you can fix this yourself!) driver power window switch can wind down rear window, but not back up! Use rear switch to wind back up. Overall, for it's age, (16 years) I'm VERY impressed!

Auto steering wheel adjust, trunk space, ride, large moonroof.

For it's age, you can't complain. Wish it had HID headlights. Price for parts/service aren't cheap.